DK Chop Stix

X

XIII

DK Chop Stix post #1
hey, I got some DK Chop Stix in American versin and I am having a really hard time getting the bolt in through the sprocket (the one that makes the sprocket turn as you pedal). the outside of the head is too big to screw in with an american BB. I tried to just screw it in a little crooked hoping once i got past the BB that it would straiten out, but i screwed up the threads and it took a long time to get the threads back to normal.

If you are planning on Getting Chop Stix, make sure that you have or are getting a euro BB or else they will put you through HELL.

D

Devourment 138

DK Chop Stix post #2
you have found a use for the euro bb... 8O but almost ended up with the african american version.... :nono:

L

LuMpY

DK Chop Stix post #3
Did you tighten the arms all the way down first then try to put it in?

F

FT rider

DK Chop Stix post #4
why didnt you attach the arm to the chainwheel before you slid it onto the spindle?

L

LuMpY

DK Chop Stix post #5
That's not the correct procedeure.

F

FT rider

DK Chop Stix post #6
wots rong wit it?

L

LuMpY

DK Chop Stix post #7
If you do it that was and the spindle hole and sprocket bolt boss aren't parallell you'll make the sprocket not straight. Tighten the arms first then the sprocket bolt. I did that on my $250 MRP crankset and it bent and made horrible noises when my chain hit the guide plates. I called MRP and they told me to tighten the sprocket bolt last. I did and it didn't make any more noise 'cause it wasn't bent.

L

LuMpY

DK Chop Stix post #8
When the spindle is in and the spacers are on put the non drive arm on, put the sprocket on the spindle and line up the splines, then thread in the sprocket bolt but not tight. Tighten the drive side arm THEN tighten the sprocket bolt down.

Yes, it can be done the other way but don't whine if it's bent.

I

infantry43RIDER

DK Chop Stix post #9
you just restated your stuff twice...next time edit your post.

L

LuMpY

DK Chop Stix post #10
It seems I have to to get though to these kids. They don't read it all or else they wouldn't have to ask again. Obviously they missed it.

X

XIII

DK Chop Stix post #11
oh well...i will just put the sprocket and arm on (but not all the way) the nput in the chain ring bolt and then tighten the arm and to keep my sprocket from going on crooked...i will have my cousin guide it.

thanks

i already grinded (or ground) the bolt around hte head to make it not as wide...oh well...wonmt hurt anything

D

Deliciouspeed

DK Chop Stix post #12
Devourment 138 said:
you have found a use for the euro bb... 8O but almost ended up with the african american version.... :nono:
African American version?
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

New Topics