DK 4 pack?

• Discuss DK 4 pack? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What do you people think of the DK 4 pack? You can look at it here-http://www.bmx-shop.co.uk/top/default.asp (in bikes on page 14). I know it will be... ...
  • Tags bike bmx bmx com parts
R

rich77

DK 4 pack? post #1
What do you people think of the DK 4 pack? You can look at it here-http://www.bmx-shop.co.uk/top/default.asp (in bikes on page 14). I know it will be pretty heavy, but im not too bothered. The frame and forks are both 4130, it has 48 spoke hubs and 3 pc cranks. If its shite what should i be lookin at? I cant really go over £250... (im a beginner by the way in case you hadnt already guessed..)

E

EPMD

DK 4 pack? post #2
Its a good bike i think its worth it i was gonna get it at one point tho but never got around to it

P

Pyro insaine

DK 4 pack? post #3
Its a good bike 4 a compleate bike but as u get better i would put better parts on it.

X

XIII

DK 4 pack? post #4
Pyro insaine said:
Its a good bike 4 a compleate bike but as u get better i would put better parts on it.
well said :D

B

BioHazard

DK 4 pack? post #5
You know, maybe it's just me, but I don't think thats the wisest idea. . .

Let me tell you something. A friend of mine had always had intrest in BMX, he just never really went into it. . . until one day he went out and bought a FBM Angel of Death, along with some pretty nice parts for it. . . He spent 1,200 altogether, 2 weeks later, he decided he couldn't cut it. . .

I recieved a $1,200 bike for $600. . .

My honest suggestion? Take a look around Ebay, or just go look at your local BMX community. I'm sure someone has a spare frame/bike/parts they'd sell you. . . you may even be lucky enough to come across a better bike for less money. But hell, even if you only manage to come across an old beat-up redline or whatever, it's still more than good enough for you to learn on. Hell, you might not even like the sport.

If I were in your position, that's what I'd do. I'd buy a USED bike, for less money, and see if you got what it takes. There's no point in being like my friend, buying a nice bike and just wasting money. Test yourself first, if you like it, and enjoy the sport, and are willing to put the time and dedication into it. . .

THEN go buy the bike you really want.

New Topics