dirt jumping brakless

• Discuss dirt jumping brakless in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; some people ride street brakeless and i was thinking can u ride dirt jumps brakeless and if u do does it need any new skill :?: 8O ...
  • Tags bike dirt dirt jumping jump street
E

Element Biker Dude

dirt jumping brakless post #1
some people ride street brakeless and i was thinking can u ride dirt jumps brakeless and if u do does it need any new skill :?: 8O

I

infantry43RIDER

dirt jumping brakless post #2
i ride trails and street.
i don't have any brakes.
=
i ride trails and street without brakes.

doesn't really feel much different to me because thats how it always was for me...i never would pull the lever.

V

Vic_Vega

dirt jumping brakless post #3
Yeah, I don't run brakes either. It makes you commit more, so you don't p*ssy out of jumps when you ride dirt.

O

oibmxpunx

dirt jumping brakless post #4
i use to ride brakeless sometime is hard to ride dirt brakeless liike a down hill set cuz u get going real fast and start over jumping stuff like that not realy a problem wen jumping small stuff but it suck jumping any thing more then 10ft that y i ride with braks now i dont ues them to pussy out or ant thing like that i just tap them wen im going to fast

so i would say try it with and without to find out what way u like better good luck man

F

FOL

dirt jumping brakless post #5
well if you got brakes, try not using them and see how you are doing :) That there are brakes on your bike, doesn't mean you have to use them.
and oibmx got a point about needing to take your speed down.

I

infantry43RIDER

dirt jumping brakless post #6
well if im going to fast i deal with it.

G

dirt jumping brakless post #7
brakes are for the weak unless there is a tree behind the jump, but then you can make it into a tree ride

E

Element Biker Dude

dirt jumping brakless post #8
well i t no if i need brakes on mine but the thing about mine is that its on a downhill and theres alot of berms and trees, seen its in a forest, but i rode brakeless 1c but never jumped brakeless coz at my trails when u start even with brakes its hard 2 stop

but i just like riding brakeless 4 the fun of it so yea wot should come first :?:

S

sentaafEQpovar

dirt jumping brakless post #9
if it gives u too much speed, then u might actually need brakes or low jump really really good,

i like ppl to have jumps at my trials becuase....
there is one spot all the trails end at, and on the side of my trials is a little one foot wide pathways where u ride ur bike back to the starting ramp, or ride on if u mess up and cant hit next jumps in pack, so its nice to have brakes, cause then u dont have to wait for that side trail to be clear of ppl that u might run into if u land at full speed but want to turn off to the side, cuase if u have brakes, u can just pull them and stop withought going onto the side path

then on the other hand, if u land and **** up, u can pull ur brakes instead of crashing into the next u jump which ur handlebars or pegs or pedals or arm or whatever crashes into and ripps of half the jumps lip

then say there is someone that runs in the way and ****s u up, then u can slamm on the brakes b4 u hit the jump when if u dont got brakes u might crash into sumthing, cuase slowing ur bike down takes a lot longer w/o brakes

overall, brakes arent *needed* but they make things easier in emergencies

E

EPMD

dirt jumping brakless post #10
Im just gonna unhook my brakes for park cause i always puss out before airing out... i can but i want to get higher so im just gonna ride brakeless for a bit so it will keep me from slowing down

R

rich77

dirt jumping brakless post #11
you not find it difficult to manual without a back brake? Ide always be jumping off the back, in fact i cant even do manuals properly with the brakes on my bike as they are. Stacked it yesterday tryin to manual, in front of a load of townies too :oops:

I

infantry43RIDER

dirt jumping brakless post #12
Pobey said:
brakes are for the weak unless there is a tree behind the jump, but then you can make it into a tree ride
doesn't really mean anyone is weak because they ride brakes...its just bike setup.

anyways rich i don't run brakes and i can manual pretty good i guess...i never have used brakes infact i can't manual worth shit while trying to use them...thats why its always weird to me to see pros manualing with brakes in videos...thats just me.

T

tArt

dirt jumping brakless post #13
all you need is skill, guts, and balls. If your afraid to crash, your screwed :twisted: :evil: :!:

S

sentaafEQpovar

dirt jumping brakless post #14
um im pretty sure its safe to say everyone here is afraid to crash... cuase that usually means bent rims or handle bars jamming into your abdomen

EPMD said:
Im just gonna unhook my brakes for park cause i always puss out before airing out... i can but i want to get higher so im just gonna ride brakeless for a bit so it will keep me from slowing down
um i think brakes are pretty much almost necessary when riding park... around my area at least, cuase parks are always full of noobs who get in the way and pop out of no where and shit

B

BioHazard

dirt jumping brakless post #15
So just do what I do at parks, just keep going. Run the "noob" off, don't let him run you off. The only exceptions I make are the little kids. I mean, if you're at least a teenager, I'll run into you for all I care.

I don't see the big deal with brakes. If you need to stop that bad, just jam your toe into the tire. . .

E

EPMD

dirt jumping brakless post #16
Its always the skateboarders.. but then again its their park :cry:

I

infantry43RIDER

dirt jumping brakless post #17
sentaafEQpovar said:
um im pretty sure its safe to say everyone here is afraid to crash... cuase that usually means bent rims or handle bars jamming into your abdomen
can't really be safe in saying that...i bet there is a number of people in here that could care less if they crash...like me...just learn from the mistakes...obviously it is going to hurt but you can't be riding around all afraid to crash.

S

sentaafEQpovar

dirt jumping brakless post #18
i more or less meant the penelties from crashing i.e. there is a higher chance of u braking a rib crashing then their is of u landing correctly, which i highly highly doubt would happen ever... unless u land really rally crappily, if i wasnt scared of crashing, i wouldve been completely ****ed ove rby now, legs broke and shit, and my bike would be demolished beyond ridablity

and about running the noobs off, sometimes they drop in from a q-pipe or sumthing and had the right of way, but u didnt see them and went cuas ethey wa sin a blindpot of yours or sumthing

bmxjunkie07

bmxjunkie07

dirt jumping brakless post #19
I'm getting a front brake soon but I don't have a back or front now. It's not that bad. I've just racked myself once or twice trying to stop real fast landing weird on a hip and heading towards the woods.

G

gillsey

dirt jumping brakless post #20
last post was over 4 and a half years ago ?!?!?!?

New Topics