Digital Camcorder

• Discuss Digital Camcorder in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, i am thinking of making a few bmxing videos of me and my friends and i am wondering what camera i should get. Right now i am using my Digital... ...
  • Tags video
Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

Digital Camcorder post #1
Hi, i am thinking of making a few bmxing videos of me and my friends and i am wondering what camera i should get. Right now i am using my Digital CAMERA (not camcorder) to take video clips. I am gonna get a real camcorder.

Does any1 have experience with this stuff...thanks for the help.

T

tgreathead

Digital Camcorder post #2
what's you budget?

do you plan on using it for anything professional, or just to film for fun?

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

Digital Camcorder post #3
uhh. i can probably spend around $400 canadian which is around $300 american.

E

EPMD

Digital Camcorder post #4
pm evanc, hes into filming and such

T

tgreathead

Digital Camcorder post #5
I trust Sony, but nowadays any major brand will do. I'd stick to Sony, Canon, Panasonic or JVC. All of those have lower end cameras that, on sale, will be in that range.

I'd suggest a Canon ZR80, about $300-350 US.

minorthreat

minorthreat

Digital Camcorder post #6
Tough...

I Have A Sony TRV 18...Not Bad Starting Camera...But It Cost Me Over A Grand. Your Budget Is 400...So Your Gonna Have To Get A Hi8. Which Isnt Worth Your Time. Your Footage Will Look Like The Film "Cheese", Allright If You Want It To Look Like That. Sony Is Realy Good Camera...They Come With Carl Zeiss Lens, Infra Red Night Shot, As Well As Super Nightshot (Just Slows Down Shutter Speed), Solid Cameras...Etc. Canon Is Very Good As Well...But They Focus More One Higher End Cameras. JVC Is Garbage As Well As Any Other Brand. My Suggestion To You Is Wait And Save Your Cash, Find A Stolen Camera, Or Best Choice. Go To Pawn Shop And Buy An New Or Old SLR Camera. Newer Is Better Quality But If You Buy An Old Camera (ie. Pentax ME SUPER) Then You Can Afford To Buy Lens Such As Wide Angle, Fisheye, Flashes, Delay Timers, etc. Pictures Are By Far Better Then Footage. Your Decission So Ill Leave It At That...If You Want More Info Get In Contact With Me.

Minor Threat...simpleisbetter.

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

Digital Camcorder post #7
Oh yeah...I got some money from my parents and now my budget is 1000 LOONIES (canadian)

New Topics