different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages?

• Discuss different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I know that different riders prefer different widths with some people liking long ones and others cutting 3 inches or whatever off. So, what are the... ...
  • Tags x-up
A

apathy

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #1
I know that different riders prefer different widths with some people liking long ones and others cutting 3 inches or whatever off.

So, what are the pros and cons? I was thinking wider would suit flatland more, and shorter bars would barspin faster. Anything else?

And please, if u R gOiNg 2 riply liek dis den pLz DoNt eVeN botha

N

n3lli

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #2
y, tHiS wRiTiNg iS s0 k0oL!!! =P

F

FOL

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #3
n3lli said:
y, tHiS wRiTiNg iS s0 k0oL!!! =P
no it is ***, and so is nelli

E

evanc

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #4
Wide = control
skinny = action that's xtreme to the max!

T

Trimix

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #5
Be careful, you CAN get them too narrow, F them up and have to throw them out. I got my first pair WAAAY to narrow, and I hardly could control the front end. I like mine stock, with about a 1/2" nipped off each end now.

O

oibmxpunx

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #6
i ride slam bars that come stock 28 inch i cut them down to 25 i like them a little Wide alot of ppl say the cant x-up or bar spin the wide bars i dont have a problem with x-ups or any thing i do turn downs and dark sides they dont get in the way i dont hit my legs on the or any thingi guess it just depends on styl i know street riders like skinny bars dirt wider bars

T

Trimix

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #7
What's a "dark side"?.........obi wan

E

evanc

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #8
23"-23.5" = awesome.

O

oibmxpunx

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #9
its alot like a turn down pritty much the same thing only with ur over arm u bring it up over ur face thats the only diffrens

X

XIII

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #10
Solid Hella Light Bars = 7.5" rise 24.75" width 12degrees back sweep (i think) they're perfect

Odyssey Civillians = almost same thing except 7.75" rise (havent ridden them but they look nice

V

Vic_Vega

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #11
Primo Mustache or Demolition Reagle Beagles...Slams are good too.

T

Twinkie

different handlebar widths, advantages & disadvantages? post #12
ive got milks that i cut down to about 20 or 21 inches. i like them real short, it jsut feels more natural for where i hold my hands.

New Topics