difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank

• Discuss difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; can anyone explain to me how i could tell if i have a 3 piece crank or a 1 piece crank without taking the bike apart ...
  • Tags bike bmx cranks photo
J

jmanw182

difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank post #1
can anyone explain to me how i could tell if i have a 3 piece crank or a 1 piece crank without taking the bike apart

RuLe

RuLe

difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank post #2
whatever bike u got, look it up ont he internet and see what they are. 3 piece is when u can take off both crank arms and a 1 piece is when everything is connected together and to take it off u have to take off 1 side and bring it threw the crank area

someone else can explain it better tho

E

EPMD

difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank post #3
Simple.. there is a nut on the end of each arm.. and that connects the 3 pieces together

and the arm is usually a lot bigger compared to a 1 piece

i would look for a pic but im on a bad comp

I

infantry43RIDER

difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank post #4

this is pretty much what ALL one peice cranks look like...there is not really much design differences in the differening companies...so if you look on your bike and see this thing...like without bolts and everything just a solid peice then you have a one piece.

then if you have something like this...with bolts and everything...this would be a three piece crank set.

do you get it?

F

federal_rider12

difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank post #5
infantry43RIDER said:

this is pretty much what ALL one peice cranks look like...there is not really much design differences in the differening companies...so if you look on your bike and see this thing...like without bolts and everything just a solid peice then you have a one piece.

then if you have something like this...with bolts and everything...this would be a three piece crank set.

do you get it?
yes thats it right there and i explained in the other thing you posted but you should have shown him the other 3 piece cranks with pinch bolts that 3 piece up there is a 48 spline which holds the crank arms on tight and the spindle bolts keeps it on but then you got dual pinch bolt which has 2 bolts on the bottom of the arm that clamps the arm to the spindle then you got a single pinch bolt which which does the same thing as a dual but with 1 pinch bolt

C

Caris

difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank post #6
Ill make it easy for you if your crank has a 3 peice it will have a load of big **** off allen key bolts, p.s you should know. :?

C

casperh

difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank post #7
3 piece is heavier and it falls apart more,
so it is junk and you should better buy a one piece

eeuh that was a joke

F

federal_rider12

difference in 1piece and 3 piece crank post #8
i was hoping you were joking, man the one pieces i used always bent no matter what i did my friend bent a one piece by jumping off a curb!!!! whats up with that?? if you look in my friends garage you will find lots of one pieces laying around all bent and some super bent

New Topics