Dia-Compe Tech 77 brake lever Q

• Discuss Dia-Compe Tech 77 brake lever Q in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; does anyone know if i can use this with the shimano dxr v brake? i'm not sure if it makes a huge difference to use a lever that states its for a... ...
D

Don 79 TA

Dia-Compe Tech 77 brake lever Q post #1
does anyone know if i can use this with the shimano dxr v brake?

i'm not sure if it makes a huge difference to use a lever that states its for a v-brake

what happens if you don't use a v-brake lever?
and what happens if you used a v-brake lever on a side pull brake like the oddessy 1999's?

thanks

G

gtbmx0222

Dia-Compe Tech 77 brake lever Q post #2
i own one and i love it for u brakes.
however, as convenient as a hinged lever is, it will not be the same with a v brake.
v brakes and u brakes have different pull ratios, therefore if you interchange them, it will not brake as well and feel downright weird.
i know a guy that tried it and it just doesnt feel right. just go with a tektro talon or some v brake specific lever like that.
i dont know about side pull brakes, ive never used one. but the vbrake lever wouldnt apply to the odyssey 1999 anyway since that kit includes a cable and lever. and plus from what i hear its the crappiest brake you can buy.

D

Don 79 TA

Dia-Compe Tech 77 brake lever Q post #3
yeah the 1999's are pretty lousy
i have them hooked to the Talon brake lever and feels like they just don't bite
i have the rear currently connected to the Tech77 lever, and it feels rather mushy, i'll swap them around and see what it feels like

New Topics