demolition!

• Discuss demolition! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok well my anorexia hub is coming up to almost being a year old and now all of a sudden its starting to act up. i tighten down my bearings and they... ...
I

iridebikes

demolition! post #1
ok well my anorexia hub is coming up to almost being a year old and now all of a sudden its starting to act up. i tighten down my bearings and they stay tight but my wheel still has play....so should i just buy new bearings or is there some other malfunction that these hubs get? also is there anyother things i should watch for cause i have heard people say they crack.?

203rider

demolition! post #2
Hhmmm that same thing happened to the Salt hub from my WTP complete. I never fixed it I just got a new hub but it sounds like bearings.

GDub10

GDub10

demolition! post #3
it is the bearings....it also happened to my Salt on my WTP complete

tonysgt

tonysgt

demolition! post #4
If its a year old i'd recommend getting a new hub because the driver will probably blow soon and a new driver and a new bearing kit will cost almost as much as a new one.I rode an annorexia for about a year though and nothing went wrong except the driver blew so that's the only thing i'd say to look for

I

iridebikes

demolition! post #5
yeaa my driver is on like its last leg and i cant find any hub bearings so i might just have to get a new hub

Punda Nose

Punda Nose

demolition! post #6
just get new bearings if thats the case.Is the shell still good?

T

Trendy

demolition! post #7
yeah i had bearing issues with my old demo.

andhey

andhey

demolition! post #8
just look at the serial number on your bearings and go to a bearing shop and give them the serial and theyl supply you with new bearings shouldnt cost much

lewis211

lewis211

demolition! post #9
if u take the yellow paint off its red underneath... well might be under the paint on the other colours

!!!!!!!!RANDOM!!!!!!!!

Pickles

Pickles

demolition! post #10
If its a year old i'd recommend getting a new hub because the driver will probably blow soon and a new driver and a new bearing kit will cost almost as much as a new one.I rode an annorexia for about a year though and nothing went wrong except the driver blew so that's the only thing i'd say to look for
thats no reason to replace a part thats in working order. Just wait for the driver bearings to blow and then replace those. done. A lot of problems with hubs are just bearings.

It sounds like the play you have is in your bearings. pop the seals off and see if anything looks fishy in there,if it doesnt,then replace them anyway,if it does then you know its the bearings.

*also could be loose spokes

dont replace a hub just kuz its a year old. my odyssey is a year old, driver got replaced about a week after I got it though. went from a 9t (long story on how I got it,but it was secondhand used for about 3 weeks,still fine,but he was quitting riding) to an 11t and dont regret it.

I

imayeti

demolition! post #11
OR call demolition. There cool, and will help you out. Demolitionparts.com? or something.

Pickles

Pickles

demolition! post #12
I think they sub off of volume too.

honestly if you have the bearing,demo isnt going to warranty that after a year. My assumption...but I dont think they will,and besides...bearings are like 15 bucks for 2 driver bearings and 2 hub bearings.

New Topics