[Dan's Comp]

• Discuss [Dan's Comp] in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, I plan on ordering a bike from Dans comp. I have a few ?'s How long does it usually take? How does the bike come when shipped? How much has 2... ...
RelaxNTakeNote

RelaxNTakeNote

[Dan's Comp] post #1
Hey, I plan on ordering a bike from Dans comp. I have a few ?'s

How long does it usually take?
How does the bike come when shipped?
How much has 2 be put together?
Are there any percautions that need to be taken?

P.S this is my first time odering a Bike from anywhere, this is my new account due to a lost pass :(

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

[Dan's Comp] post #2
umm well im sure with dans shipping takes almost a month or so unless its something that gets shipped often. They dont have parts or anything they just push and order. Dans is a middle man thats all. You might even be able to find a bike shop in your town that can get the same bike faster or even cheaper. The bike will come almost all apart. the only things that should be on it are the back wheel,stem, and forksl. you will have to put the rest together, thats how new bikes come in the box.

Arch Enemy

Arch Enemy

[Dan's Comp] post #3
How long does it usually take? Depends on where you live and what shipping option

How does the bike come when shipped? Partly assembled

How much has 2 be put together? bars, front wheel, and just tighten everything up.

Are there any percautions that need to be taken? take it to a bike store to be assembled if you dont know how

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

[Dan's Comp] post #4
you should receive the bike in about 7 business days

cranks, rearwheel, chain, spocket, fork, are already installed.

you just install bars, brakes, frontwheel, pedals, and seat shit.

wear a condom? idk lol
if in doubt, take it to a bike tech

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

[Dan's Comp] post #5
Within a week if your in the USA
you have to put stuff like the bars and seat post on the bikes come like 90% assembled
Dans is awesome with prices inventory shipping and best of all their CS is amazing.
vist RetailMeNot.com to get coupon codes

M

Marcus Poopy

[Dan's Comp] post #6
umm well im sure with dans shipping takes almost a month or so unless its something that gets shipped often. They dont have parts or anything they just push and order. Dans is a middle man thats all. You might even be able to find a bike shop in your town that can get the same bike faster or even cheaper. The bike will come almost all apart. the only things that should be on it are the back wheel,stem, and forksl. you will have to put the rest together, thats how new bikes come in the box.
you couldnt be more wrong.

you should receive the bike in about 7 business days

cranks, rearwheel, chain, spocket, fork, are already installed.

you just install bars, brakes, frontwheel, pedals, and seat shit.

wear a condom? idk lol
if in doubt, take it to a bike tech
100% correct my good friend.

90psi

90psi

[Dan's Comp] post #7
bikes normally come around 80-90%built

Pickles

Pickles

[Dan's Comp] post #8
wtf are you talking about?

anwhere in the US,5-7 days for a complete. i got mine in 4 when I ordered from there like 2 years ago.

Dick Nixon summed it up,except for a few things:
-pegs wont be installed. so,if you dont want them,youre all set
-when he said install bars,when I got mine the bars were already installed in the stem,and the stem just needed to be installed. just come clarification
-air in tires: usually wrong [low,just for installation+shipping] or theyre flat.

nothing big,you should probably have a handle on it. If you dont think you do though,ask on here or bring it to a shop.

manualking

manualking

[Dan's Comp] post #9
Mine came in 5 days.

J

john swartz

[Dan's Comp] post #10
mine never comes on the time they predict its rediculous

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

[Dan's Comp] post #11
wtf are you talking about?

anwhere in the US,5-7 days for a complete. i got mine in 4 when I ordered from there like 2 years ago.

Dick Nixon summed it up,except for a few things:
-pegs wont be installed. so,if you dont want them,youre all set
-when he said install bars,when I got mine the bars were already installed in the stem,and the stem just needed to be installed. just come clarification
-air in tires: usually wrong [low,just for installation+shipping] or theyre flat.

nothing big,you should probably have a handle on it. If you dont think you do though,ask on here or bring it to a shop.
in my defence, the last time i put together a bike from dans, i was 15.
and ive never ran pegs cept on my flatland setup

BMXDAN

BMXDAN

[Dan's Comp] post #12
Hey, I plan on ordering a bike from Dans comp. I have a few ?'s

How long does it usually take? The longest it has taken me to get something from dans is 3 days

The Lost Otter

The Lost Otter

[Dan's Comp] post #13
find a shop that can order it for you, or your going to get raped in shipping cost.

if you can put better parts on the bike you have now, why cant you build the complete?

RelaxNTakeNote

RelaxNTakeNote

[Dan's Comp] post #14
find a shop that can order it for you, or your going to get raped in shipping cost.

if you can put better parts on the bike you have now, why cant you build the complete?
My BMX was sold. And ive been riding some crappy ass mountainbike from Walmart lol, but ive been jumping with it a little it was kind of fun. But i decided ive been wasting my time cuz im always tryna ride my friends Felt..so im like im gonna get back in to Bmxing

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

[Dan's Comp] post #15
what are you looking to get?

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

[Dan's Comp] post #16
well ive never used dans so i cant be for sure about shipping but ive heard bad things
not all bikes come mostly together ive seen bikes come totally apart.
Id still rather go through a trusted bike shop then dans. that way you dont have to worry about what to put together or what to worry about. i like being loyal to my local shop that takes care of me and my bikes. is that so wrong

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

[Dan's Comp] post #17
dans is by far, the largest, most used american mailorder there is. period.
if they arnt trusted, i dont know what is.
and yeah its cool to be true to your LBS, but theres kids in like iowa and shit who dont have good shops.
for them dans is a great resource

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

[Dan's Comp] post #18
dans is by far, the largest, most used american mailorder there is. period.
if they arnt trusted, i dont know what is.
and yeah its cool to be true to your LBS, but theres kids in like iowa and shit who dont have good shops.
for them dans is a great resource
This is true I try to support my local but they are too small to carry much in the ways of BMX, I'll buy stuff like tools lube small parts and every now and then I'll have them order me something. When I'm buying a lot of parts though I'll generally go through dans, but that's OK since I go to my local for my MB and my dad's two bikes and mother's bike. But we have a few other bike shops that are chain stores, they won't order crap for you and if they do they charge you an extra fee, plus the people who work there always seem like morons. So I guess it depends on how your local shop is.

The Lost Otter

The Lost Otter

[Dan's Comp] post #19
well ive never used dans so i cant be for sure about shipping but ive heard bad things
not all bikes come mostly together ive seen bikes come totally apart.
Id still rather go through a trusted bike shop then dans. that way you dont have to worry about what to put together or what to worry about. i like being loyal to my local shop that takes care of me and my bikes. is that so wrong
then if you dont know about dans shipping and what not. why did you open your mouth?
shipping will be the same as a little screw in a small box. just price would be bigger.
you could have an envolope with the screw in it and ship for $2.00. or have and box 65"x100" and get charged $75 on shipping.

look at shipping codes, other wise your going to end up buying a $400 bike, and that $400 will turn into $475+++

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

[Dan's Comp] post #20
MMH809RB is apparently the valid free shipping code right now and that includes completes

New Topics