cutting flanges...

• Discuss cutting flanges... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i'm pretty sure alot of you cut the flanges on your grips but does it does any good purpose? ...
nowhales180

nowhales180

cutting flanges... post #1
i'm pretty sure alot of you cut the flanges on your grips but does it does any good purpose?

T

Taylor Mefford

cutting flanges... post #2
not really it just looks cleaner.

Ride Stoned

Ride Stoned

cutting flanges... post #3
saves hella weight! lol

i was kinda forced into doing it because my bars are short.
but i think it looks clean

fitbike61

fitbike61

cutting flanges... post #4
i cut the flanges and reverse the grip so the flaring end is on the inner handle cus i like to hold it right at the flares cus flanges are a bit too big and weird. i just like the feel. bmx doesnt have any rules so go do what u want.

B

barspindave

cutting flanges... post #5
Better for shootin the Bs!

B

band aid

cutting flanges... post #6
^ya people prefer that becuase when your catch your barspins it might be right on the flange..so it could mess it up.

Mathias

Mathias

cutting flanges... post #7
I just cut mine one day because I had this little mini sword thing and I was by my bike. I like how it looks.

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

cutting flanges... post #8
Also the sides of your hands don't rub the flange after you cut them.

D

DocAvoido

cutting flanges... post #9
Also the sides of your hands don't rub the flange after you cut them.
I always through this was the reason, hard flanges will give you blisters on your thumb if you're always rubbing on them. Personally I'd rather just cut my bars so I'm holding the grips in the middle instead of the inside. It makes a lot more sense as far as I'm concerned.

StreetIsTalkin

StreetIsTalkin

cutting flanges... post #10
if ur brakeless, i would cut em, otherwise no

L

livin2sk805

cutting flanges... post #11
^^^^^^ why

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

cutting flanges... post #12
if ur brakeless, i would cut em, otherwise no
yer realy true i cut mine off n im brakeless and it feels much smoother to ride. but i have mates hu have cut off their flanges with a brake and it hurts coz the lever keeps digging into their finger

moes

moes

cutting flanges... post #13
i think they get in the way, hurt my hands (because i have rubens which have crappy flanges), and them looking stupid doesn't help me either.

Minitrix

Minitrix

cutting flanges... post #14
Because when you land the knuckle on your thumb with hit agianst the brake lever and crack that knuckle open and you be all bleedin' and whatnot.

Q

Quen

cutting flanges... post #15
because i run my brake on the bend of the bars and my bars are cut so my grips are right up to the lever and if i didn't, it would make it impossible to pull the lever. it hurts more to grab a flange after a spin than a lever.

A

Aceman

cutting flanges... post #16
i cut em off because its easier to catch barspins. on the contrary, my friend twitch cant catch em unless he has flanges, so to each their own...

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

cutting flanges... post #17
I like my flanges, but i ride with gloves.

Ali

Ali

cutting flanges... post #18
Its just another trend for 'trend whores' and serves no real purpose to your riding. I think it looks shit because its hard to cut them really clean anyway. Maybe if some brand makes flangeless grips go buy them

guitar4lif3

guitar4lif3

cutting flanges... post #19
Haro f-3 has flangless grips stock. and two brakes btw

New Topics