Custom Spacer

• Discuss Custom Spacer in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Does anyone know if i'll be able to make a custom tophat washer for the V1 Fly Sprocket to fit 20mm 8 spline cranks? any advice on what to use/how to... ...
JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Custom Spacer post #1
Does anyone know if i'll be able to make a custom tophat washer for the V1 Fly Sprocket to fit 20mm 8 spline cranks?
any advice on what to use/how to do it wil be greatly appreciated....i'm running 33-9 at the mo and this is really annoying because of hills.uphill is a nightmare....so thanks in advance.

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Custom Spacer post #2
Bump..

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Custom Spacer post #3
how big is the hole on the sprocket? you could try cutting some strips of an aluminum can and wrapping those around the spindle to fill the space. is the hole smaller than 15/16"? maybe 22mm?

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Custom Spacer post #4
yeah its a 22mm sprocket but my friend's top hat washer from his coaliton sprocket doesn't fit. even though that's 22mm, is it something to do with the bore? and i dont get what that is by the way.

A

AJIorio

Custom Spacer post #5
Your friends spacer from his Coalition sprocket is most likely for a 19mm spindle. Your best bet would be to try and find a 20mm drill bit and drill out the middle of a spacer like your friends, or, like others said, find some thin metal from something like a soda can and wrap it up to make a shim.

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Custom Spacer post #6
Dont worry guys. I found a way to do it and its on. i got the tophat washer from a profile imperial, and put that in the back, even though ther is a small lip at the end so it doesnt go on flush, i then put everything back together and voila, its not going anywhere. only problem is that going from 33T to 25T brings a whole new host of problems. putting my chain on, i broke my chain tool. so now im chainless.

New Topics