Curbs

• Discuss Curbs in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Any one grind curbs? if so do u use wax? ...
  • Tags bike
R

ride888

Curbs post #1
Any one grind curbs? if so do u use wax?

T

traildemon

Curbs post #2
curbs??????? aren't they just a little too low?????

E

EPMD

Curbs post #3
i know what he means... i dont have pegs yet cause my crap bike isn't worth getting over sized axels on so im waiting on a new bike and when i do peddle grinds n shit i use wax cause ive seen some none waxed places and ppl have tried grinding and they have went over the bars

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Curbs post #4
i find that wax is a little pointless all you need is a good heat treated cromo peg and it shoud fly. but soon i am going to be making nylon pegs which will be sooooooo smooth and fast on concrete, they are gona blow away any other cromo peg due to the fact that nylon is self lubricating. bo.

E

EasternBMX

Curbs post #5
have you ever thought about how fast nylon is going to wear down after you grind....It heats up with friction like everything else but it does not cool down as fast as chromo caussing a faster wear.....I'm not crushing your dreams new bike parts are the shit i'd just make sure you don't spend money on something that does not work

I

infantry43RIDER

Curbs post #6
heat treated pegs work pretty much the best for concrete...example Animal pegs and FBM.

but i still don't understand what he is talking about...does he mean ledges because at least where i live the curbs can only be used by skaters.

B

bruisedbob

Curbs post #7
i think he means a curb that is like 6 or 7 inches and riding up throwing the pedal on the curb. i'm probably wrong because that sounds kinda easy. late.

R

ride888

Curbs post #8
they are semi-ledges, they are not the low curbs but you still have to bunny hop to getn on them

X

XIII

Curbs post #9
Demolition Dumchuck pegs look like they would do good on concrete.

Lightweight aluminum pegs with a hardened plastic sleeve, great for park use! 14mm with 3/8" adapters. Notched front peg for fork clearance. 4-3/8 x 1-5/8" (9.4 oz)

E

EPMD

Curbs post #10
looks like a candy bar or somethin you can eat :?

I

ieatcrayons

Curbs post #11
you can do lipslides or whatever there called on curbs

I

infantry43RIDER

Curbs post #12
XIII...those demoliton pegs are not made for concrete at all...they are intended for park and would prolly suck all ass if used on anything but coping like material.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Curbs post #13
yeah very true easterbmx nyon does wear fast, but with my design the sleeve is replacable, and really simple. plus i can get nylon cheap, so the wear will be worth it for the miles i will be fly smoothly over concrete as if it was water......oh its going to be sweet.

oh and nylon does not wear AS fast as you might think because it is self lubricating. quite a few companies use it instead of bearings.

C

Chuzzlewit

Curbs post #14
infantry43RIDER said:
XIII...those demoliton pegs are not made for concrete at all...they are intended for park and would prolly suck all ass if used on anything but coping like material.

Actually they are for concrete parks and bowls, so they dont damge them. Well thats what it says in the new ride (uk) magazine.

I

infantry43RIDER

Curbs post #15
wow thats ***...
i wouldn't use some plastic sleeve on concrete...grinds like shit.
i would think it would just be used for park...not concrete...coping stuff...so yes you could use them in concrete parks but not on ACTUAL concrete..the coping.
atleast i wouldn't cause i have seen how plastic pegs work...

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Curbs post #16
it depends what polymer it is, many plastics actually grind much nicer than steel (even though it does wear faster) however if - like the pegs i am going to produce they are made from somthing like nylon they should not be toooooooo bad. they will wear faster than steel but they will feel so smooth and nice.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Curbs post #17
if a ledge is high enough to grind, i wax it
when i gridn the ledge, the wax gets compresed into the dips of the ledge
irewax another layer on the ledge, then grind, and it packs it evn more, and slightly shaving off the chunks sticking out
then i wax more, and grind more, and after a month, its smooth enough to double peg it

I

infantry43RIDER

Curbs post #18
eh waxing in stupid in my mind..i mean if concrete REALLY needs it then i will do it otherwise my animal pegs do a damn good job of smooth concrete grinding...like they were meant to.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Curbs post #19
compare a shitty unwaxed ledge to a waxed ledge, i remember this one ledge we found at an abanonded school, we built jhumps that and occasionally rode the ledge

at first, u could ride it like 5 feet b4 coming to a complete stop, after like 4 months, u could grind the whole thing going hella slow, and it was at least a 40 ft ledge(was going downhill)

G

Curbs post #20
ah garretson i loved that ledge

New Topics