creaking cranks?

• Discuss creaking cranks? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; uhh, i got my bike about a month and a half ago, if that. and i notice that my cranks have been creaking ( kinda like what a door does ) whenever pedal... ...
  • Tags bike cranks
D

depressioN___mode

creaking cranks? post #1
uhh, i got my bike about a month and a half ago, if that. and i notice that my cranks have been creaking ( kinda like what a door does ) whenever pedal hard. im not too sure what could be wrong or what i should do. if someone knows and could help out it would be appreciated.

Heres what kind of cranks they are, just in case that kind of info is needed to help me out:
DB Solid 3 piece 175mm CRMO w/ steel Diamond 39t chainring

D

Devourment 138

creaking cranks? post #2
grease the spindle, and if you can get them off yourself the bearing cups.

P

Pyro insaine

creaking cranks? post #3
probably unsealed pearings that are breaking apart/ or about to break from lack of grease

F

federal_rider12

creaking cranks? post #4
check the pedals they could be the culprit, pedals were my case 2 times, if the creaking happens at a certain point when pedaling it is most likely the pedals

D

depressioN___mode

creaking cranks? post #5
k, after messing up my cranks, i found out that it was my pedals.....so now, i think my cranks are too tight and i dont really want to mess with them now. so im just gonna tkae my bike to a repair shop so they can fix it instead of me doing it and messing it up moer. but yeah, im pretty sure its my pedals now.....and how would i go about fixing those, its not that complicated of a task(dont want to make anything worse then it is again)

thanks

D

Devourment 138

creaking cranks? post #6
do it yourself...trial and error.

D

depressioN___mode

creaking cranks? post #7
well.....my mom fixed my cranks for me, as odd as that sounds..... :roll: so now im back to my origional problem....my pedals creaking. anyone know what i can do about that? let me know if so. federal rider, since youve had that same problem, it would be cool if youd respond particularly...thanks.

F

federal_rider12

creaking cranks? post #8
well first spray them with some silicone or wd-40 and spin them and after that if you have a way force grease into the pedal bearings, im sure you couldnt take them apart and grease them that way, also when you take them off your crank spin the spindle and see if it moves back and forth, if that happens you will have to replace them

to remove the pedals the right side pedal gets removed by going COUNTER-CLOCKWISE----left side pedal gets removed by going CLOCKWISE----make sure you remove them in that direction!!!

and to install just do the reverse----right side CLOCKWISE----left side COUNTER-CLOCKWISE

New Topics