cranks

• Discuss cranks in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i just bought a new bike out of the newspaper and i was wondering how i can tell what sort of cranks they are its a Diamondback venom if that helps ...
  • Tags bike cranks news
S

SaWn

cranks post #1
i just bought a new bike out of the newspaper and i was wondering how i can tell what sort of cranks they are its a Diamondback venom if that helps

T

troymcoy

cranks post #2
What sort are they?

1 pc / 3pc?

If they're unbranded they could possibly be generic 1pc / 3pc stock cranks...

A

Anonymous

cranks post #3
my guess is 1pc or 2pc forged diamondback cranks. but you need to know if that's what was stock on it. if the previous owner changed them i don't know without a detailed description or a picture. if they are stock, you can email diamondback and get the exact specs.

S

SaWn

cranks post #4
the old owner didnt change them

A

Anonymous

cranks post #5
my guess is that it is a one piece crank but on the diamondback web site the new 2003 venom there is a 3 piece. but heres the easy solution to this if your crank goes from the pedal up and curves into the bottom bracket then its a one piece crank and if it has a 3 piece then it will go from the pedal up and there will be a bolt going through it. i guess there is a bolt on two piece cranks there too but then u just take it apart and find out (that is if u r experienced at working with that).

A

Anonymous

cranks post #6
IM WILLING TO BET THAT IT IS A ONE PIECE BECAUSE IF YOU BOUGHT IT OUT OF THE NEWSPAPER I DONT THINK THAT ANYONE HAD CHANGED ANYTHING. BECAUSE A TRUE BIKER WOULDN'T SELL HIS OR HER BIKE IN A NEWS PAPER NOBODY WOULD BUY IT SO IT IS MOST LIKELY A ONE PIECE NOT MANY BIKES COME WITH 2 PIECERS

B

BMXER88

cranks post #7
if you notice a bolt going from the arm into the bottom braket its a 2 or 3 peice my guess would be 3 because not many ppl run 2pc but if it looks like the arms just go right through into the bottom braket its a 1 pc

adam_maoam

adam_maoam

cranks post #8
what r 2pc cranks do they exsist how do they work??

ectolo

ectolo

cranks post #9
same as 3-piece on the spindle is attatched to one of the arms, look at the new oddyssey./g-sport 2 iece wombat crank

burbsrider

burbsrider

cranks post #10
guest? what the hell is a guest?

Flatline

Flatline

cranks post #11
burbsrider said:
Didn't even know they had that on this forum.

bob-14

bob-14

cranks post #12
burbsrider said:
it can be mirra :lol:

adam_maoam

adam_maoam

cranks post #13
thanks for the 2pc info r they n e good and why not just buy 3 pc???

S

stolen_bikes

cranks post #14
2 pce are crap wanna be 3 pce and there weak
YOU CAN GET A SET OF TUBULAR 3 piece like the ones on the new dk 8 packs for 100 dollaers australian and there pretty good for the price :lol:

adam_maoam

adam_maoam

cranks post #15
ive got 3pc n e way, i got sum for 25 £££

New Topics