Cranks

• Discuss Cranks in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; whats the advantages of 3 pc over 1 pc [quote="aldrix, post: 1985946"]and find something infinitely better (like that doesn't have a 1 piece... ...
D

Deano82

Cranks post #1
whats the advantages of 3 pc over 1 pc

and find something infinitely better (like that doesn't have a 1 piece crank for example).
i have 1 pc which came with my felt bike and my cousin is running 3 pc on his mongoose all ive noticed is his keeps falling off even after tighting up but no matter what we do they just keep getting looser after about 3 jumps any ideas how to stop that?

Cheers deano

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

Cranks post #2
mongoose makes (how do I put this nicely) very pretty scrap metal for the most part. But he could try some thread lock might help.

Anyway 3 peace cranks can use sealed bearings and where a real nice 1 peace will last between 1 minute to 1 week a nice 3 peace will last 1-10 years. They are infinitely stronger basically

2008HaroF3

2008HaroF3

Cranks post #3
i bent a 1 piece,so bad that it snapped :S

all my mates seem to think 1 piece is superior,people are on about gettin rid of 3 piece for a 1 piece,im just letting them get on with it

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

Cranks post #4
i bent a 1 piece,so bad that it snapped :S

all my mates seem to think 1 piece is superior,people are on about gettin rid of 3 piece for a 1 piece,im just letting them get on with it
Wow that's super retarded LOL.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Cranks post #5
one-peice cranks are thin. they bend and snap easily. crappy three peice cranks might have lousy bottom brackets and might not stay tight without some convincing, but at least they don't bend when you drop your bike. if you are going to drop some money on some new cranks, get some decent one. my Powerbites are probably over 7 years old now and still going strong. if i ran one-piecers, i would bend them and need a new pair once a week.

B0N0

B0N0

Cranks post #6
i have bent so many 1 piece's but i did once have one really strong set i think they where from some stock gt bike

the only advantages are weight and for the most part you can get a set for free somwhere

New Topics