cranks question

• Discuss cranks question in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok guys i have a dk general lee arriving this week and have a set of primo powerbites from about 5 years ago when i used to ride. i wanna put the... ...
tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

cranks question post #1
ok guys i have a dk general lee arriving this week and have a set of primo powerbites from about 5 years ago when i used to ride. i wanna put the cranks on the general but my bearings are shot. do i get american bearings or what. im not sure what the general lee has stock. any helpful advice is appreciated. thanks

E

Eight Thirty

cranks question post #2
yes get American

tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

cranks question post #3
yeah finally figured it all out, now hopefully the bike will get here tomorrow and i can start putting my other parts on! thanks man!

tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

cranks question post #4
ok i got the bike today and the first thing i did was try to install my primos. well the bearings when put in the bb left a gap around the bearing and the bb instead of being pressed in. i dont understand this! they would actually just go right in then without touching them would just fall right back out. they are the bearings that came with the cranks and the general lee calls for american bb so whats the deal here?

tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

cranks question post #5
anyone, anyone?

Ride Stoned

Ride Stoned

cranks question post #6
general lee uses american bb

primos have a 22mm spindle

so you need Sealed 22mm American BB

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

cranks question post #7
dont know whats up with that?
are is it a new BB or used?
and btw, misstake getting the lee
they are heavy crap
just thought you should know

tiddlermx24

tiddlermx24

cranks question post #8
my last bike weighed almost 40 pounds so 29 pounds wont affect me, just need those things called muscles. yeah the cranks are used off of my old bike. thanks for the advice!

New Topics