Cranks or something are creaking

• Discuss Cranks or something are creaking in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok when I stand up and pedal, there is this like creaking noise. i don't know if it's the pedals or the cranks. It is really annoying. Any help? oh BTW... ...
J

jeffreykicks777

Cranks or something are creaking post #1
Ok when I stand up and pedal, there is this like creaking noise. i don't know if it's the pedals or the cranks. It is really annoying. Any help? oh BTW i have a Haro forum intro that is almost a week old.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Cranks or something are creaking post #2
Grease the splines

X

XridexShadowX

Cranks or something are creaking post #3
it might be your pedels cause the dirt get in them i had the same problem dont trip about it

D

dylanc14aim

Cranks or something are creaking post #4
mine have been squeeking everyonce ina while randomly, also they have been wiggling a bit when i twist...loose maybe?

X

XridexShadowX

Cranks or something are creaking post #5
yuup
remove the dust cover and tightin it

TrikeKid

TrikeKid

Cranks or something are creaking post #6
Lube the chain.

D

danscomp

Cranks or something are creaking post #7
what size is ur bottom braket? the problem might be in there

D

dylanc14aim

Cranks or something are creaking post #8
what size is ur bottom braket? the problem might be in there
if your talking to me i dont think so...it hasnt gave me problems at all and its an oldish bike, so if your saying the parts dont fit together i dont think thats it...but i dont know really what im talking about so it might be

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

Cranks or something are creaking post #9
is it when your cranks reach a certain point??

Because mine are doing that now... im going to take apart and regrease it soon....
i just need replys to my thread to make sure..

Gnagy

Gnagy

Cranks or something are creaking post #10
spin your pedals if they spin hard and squeak thats it if not spin your crank with out the chain on then if thats not it maybe ur chain. Trouble shoot it that will get you places.

B

Biking2112

Cranks or something are creaking post #11
I guarentee it's your pedals if they are unsealed. They all do this unless you clean them like once a week. dont worry aboot it.

etoy

etoy

Cranks or something are creaking post #12
my cranks did it too,i took them apart,greased a bit the spindle bolts,the crank bolts and the threads on the pedal axle..then installed back everything and tightened them well. now it's silent like a ninja! hope that helps

Wombles

Wombles

Cranks or something are creaking post #13
regrease ya spindle n that will work fine. mine creaked like that and me n my mate regreased it and the sounds gone. i have unsealed pedals too but they havent given me much worry.... just no pins on one XD

J

jeffreykicks777

Cranks or something are creaking post #14
ok thanks for the suggestions guys. I am just glad it's nothing major.

New Topics