cranks are pissin me off!

• Discuss cranks are pissin me off! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have a new GT bump, got it last friday. the cranks are anoying me. they are 3pc. they move left and right. its like the axle is not tight enough or... ...
  • Tags cranks gt shop
S

Super S***

cranks are pissin me off! post #1
i have a new GT bump, got it last friday. the cranks are anoying me. they are 3pc. they move left and right. its like the axle is not tight enough or somethin and they move. to get a better discription, say i grabbed the crank on either left or right side, i could push it about half a cm in and out. i wanna know if this can be solved easly or wether it is quite a serious problem and i sohlud get a bike shop to fix it?

X Boarder

X Boarder

cranks are pissin me off! post #2
asdf

Try tightening the cranks?? You probalby tried that already. I have a similar probelm, but its because of my bearings (probalby) So I don't know that might be your problem.

Just try tightening the screw on the back of the freewheel

F

federal_rider12

cranks are pissin me off! post #3
2 things

1-i hear that gts and other cranks do that and just adding spacers fixes the problem. that is only if it is sealed bottom bracket

2-if it is unsealed you need to tighten the bottom bracket. turn the race, not the nut-that is the farthest out, the race is against the bearing until it dont move and it moves to the left not the right to tighten. then hold the race and tighten the nut against it if you dont hold the race then the nut will turn the race and make it too tight. also the nut tightens to the left

S

Super S***

cranks are pissin me off! post #4
wot part shall i tighten because i dont have a alen key big enogh to tighten the axle bolt. evemn so i dont think it is that. i think it is the bearings mabie or like something inside.

S

Super S***

cranks are pissin me off! post #5
ill jst get a shop to do it. i can do stuff with anything but bb s are out of my league

New Topics