Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece

• Discuss Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What type of cranks are better for dirt, park, street? I asked different people and got different opinions, now I want to know what you guys think... ...
  • Tags bike cranks shop
X Boarder

X Boarder

Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece post #1
What type of cranks are better for dirt, park, street?
I asked different people and got different opinions, now I want to know what you guys think?
2piece or 3piece?

(sorry but I forgot if the thin one piece cranks are actualy 1 or 2 piece .. I used to know this..)

E

EPMD

Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece post #2
3 piece are far better than 1 or 2 piecers

S

sandmriderbmx

Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece post #3
id say 3 piece, their more expensive but they'll last alot longer and will look alot better

X Boarder

X Boarder

Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece post #4
About my cranks

Whoa I just checked out the price of cranks at www.3ride.com

$350+ ?! Whoa thats almost as much as my bike. Anyway, I remember I went to a shop to get the proffesional guy to fix my cranks, and he said he can temporarily tighten them (because I thought they were loose) but he said my bearings were assembled badly, and it messed them up.

Problem was: Cranks wouldn't get loose, they would just, eg. if cranks horizontal, and push down, one crank would move slightly lower than the other, making a creeking noise. The crank itself (right crank i think) moved up and down about 1cm freely (with some force).

The guy said this was because my bearings were badly alligned, and now it was too late to fix because they wree arealdy permanently damaged.

Anyway If you guys know what im talking about ^^ then please tell me if I should consider buying only new bearings (less than one fifth of the price of cranks), or if i should buy a whole new crank set?

Thanks a lot

D

Devourment 138

Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece post #5
3 piece profiles..130.00 MAX on e-Bay usually can be had around 80-90 though

S

sandmriderbmx

Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece post #8
i got my industrys for 45$ us and theres ones for as low as 25$us but as high as 200$+us
average price 80-90$us

C

cav89

Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece post #9
Wooooaaahhh......how much are you willing to spend?

Way way too much....if anything there id go for the primo powerbites $219 canadian

Wat sort of cranks are you running at the moment anyways?

the bike shop guy probably just sees you as a wallet with legs....

F

federal_rider12

Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece post #10
dont get those then, plus they are way over priced.

S

Super S***

Cranks: 1 Piece or 3 Piece post #11
depends.for flatland, id say 1pc, but for dirt, park and street. however if you are a REALY smooth lander on dirt and dont bail much then a strong 1pc will do but its risky.

New Topics