Crank Suggestions

• Discuss Crank Suggestions in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well this is kind of carried over from hte other thread I created but with a poll to help me decide on what cranks to get. Also need a suggestion on BB... ...

What Cranks should I get for christmas

• primo hollowbite

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Oddysey Twombolts

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Fly Bikes Crank

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

Crank Suggestions post #1
Well this is kind of carried over from hte other thread I created but with a poll to help me decide on what cranks to get. Also need a suggestion on BB aswell

Thanks

BMXDAN

BMXDAN

Crank Suggestions post #2
personally i would get hollowbites or profiles.

and for a BB just get w.e fits your bike.. there is not much of a difference between them

M

Marcus Poopy

Crank Suggestions post #3
why dont you want profiles? theyre better than those 3 imo. but if i had to choose would be hollowbites.

Pickles

Pickles

Crank Suggestions post #4
1-all BB's are the same,basically Enduro bearings with different design hardware (color as well) so basically find the cheapest...Find a 22mm, I use the Primo...works fine for me.

Why I voted primo:
-Fly's. Annoying. 2pc based.
-Twombolts
--Yet to be tested,but if they are anything like the V1 wombolts (yes there was a V2 just not a press release, the V2 was a bit beefier at the spindle boss) then theyll fold like a t shirt. However the spindle bosses were beefed up on the Twombolts so you should be safe. BUT
--2pc design. annoying,and the Twombolts use a 15/16" shelf,so youre limited to the chainwheels you can use.

I use the hollowbites. THeyre nice, 3pc design is a bonus. Also theyre 22mm,strong and most chainwheels will work. I havent found one I wanted that doesnt work
*I use mosh method,so the odyssey's wouldnt work,its a 22mm bore*

also the primo's use Pinch Bolts,Splines tend to develop wobble.

TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

Crank Suggestions post #5
Anyone got a linky to the profiles I couldn't see them on Custom Riders

Air-Ox

Air-Ox

Crank Suggestions post #7
Strength go for bites , weight go for twombies.

TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

Crank Suggestions post #8
From my opinion now i think its out of either out of the Primo Hollowbites or the Profiles

Pickles

Pickles

Crank Suggestions post #9
Primo's

pinch bolts aid in service/installation

stronger spindle

WARRANTY :)

T

tsi

Crank Suggestions post #10
hollow has been out for awhile

N

Noidberg

Crank Suggestions post #11
I just got some hollowbites for my bike and they were easy to put on and feel solid.

TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

Crank Suggestions post #12
Ok thanks for all your help guys , Going on all the opinions given I think I will get myself the Hollowbites

M

MATRIX

Crank Suggestions post #13
Profile ALL DAY,ANY DAY.

But of the ones listed..Fly.

X

XboxKid

Crank Suggestions post #14
Hollowbites light strong and proven.

M

MATRIX

Crank Suggestions post #15
Hollowbites light strong and proven.
But not proven when compared to Profiles. And the warranty on Profile is second to none. Best cranks going. Have only changed the shape slightly in 15+ years...that says ALOT! Fly and Ody changed their cranks 2 tmes ALREADY...not good.

TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

Crank Suggestions post #16
What are the differences between the Profiles and the Hollowbites

M

MATRIX

Crank Suggestions post #17
What are the differences between the Profiles and the Hollowbites
Profile= Tubular cromo 48 spline cranks w/ lifetime warranty.

Primo= Aluminum forged cranks with square spindle and pinch bolts.

They ARE the best 2 cranks out...but I trust Profile after 25+ yrs riding. I have had 3 issues total with them, and that was in 15yrs of use. And I have only bout a pair AFTER I sold a set on a complete I sold. Every set I messed up(3) Profile had in the mail a replacement part in 24hrs..

X

XboxKid

Crank Suggestions post #18
Well as long as the profiles have lifetime warranty get em.

TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

Crank Suggestions post #19
Hmm going by what you say Matrix it seems I'm going to have to go with the Profiles saying you only had 3 issues with them in 25+ Years riding is pretty impressive. I'm going to get the profiles thanks for your help +Rep

I noticed there is quite a few profiles on Danscomp what are the best ones from them to buy it does it matter just get any aslong as its Profile

Last edited:
X

XboxKid

Crank Suggestions post #20
If your from england order from alans or source UK sites also postage costs less.

New Topics