Crank Sets?

• Discuss Crank Sets? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Which is the better type of crank set: one piece or three piece? ...
  • Tags cranks
I

ikkle_dudette

Crank Sets? post #1
Which is the better type of crank set: one piece or three piece?

D

Devourment 138

Crank Sets? post #2
3...all the way

F

FT rider

Crank Sets? post #3
a good 3 piece is better ie primo or profile, NEVER EVER buy a cheap set of 3 pieces, as they will snap, (my £60 tubular three pieces lasted like 2 months, my 1 pieces lasted 4) and dont buy three piece forged either they are way too heavy, but a good set of 3 pieces is the best by far

G

Crank Sets? post #4
Endo
primo powerbites are fordged idiot

F

federal_rider12

Crank Sets? post #5
aluminum cranks-cold forged

3 piece is way better when i started getting good i was bending 1 piece cranks in a week also 1 piece cranks can weigh close to the same and sometimes more then 3 piece

F

FT rider

Crank Sets? post #6
no beaner u idiot they are aluminium, they are not steel forged

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Crank Sets? post #7
3 piece cranks are far superior, its only logical. After all if an object is being put through inverse torsion from both ends, with a leverage of around 175mm, it is inevitable that the object will bend or deform, the 3 piece combats this by spreading the load.

I

infantry43RIDER

Crank Sets? post #8
primo cranks are cold forged...damn.

L

leeuw

Crank Sets? post #9
odyssey one piece is very strong...
some 3 pc suck more then the one piece odyssey

F

federal_rider12

Crank Sets? post #10
FT rider said:
no beaner u idiot they are aluminium, they are not steel forged
yeah they are cold forged aluminum and you said

dont buy three piece forged either they are way too heavy

C

cav89

Crank Sets? post #11
Re: Crank Sets

One peice or Three peice??

a hard decision to make...

Naturally, it all depends on what YOU are comfortable with, can afford, and how you ride....

If you ride smooth, and land smooth, it is not necessary to buy Three-peice, but if you are a hard rider and are always hard with your bike, three peice, or perhaps even a decent two-peice will suit.

I have no idea what your budget is like, so, if you are looking at gettin three peice, ill give you a list with prices fom low to high, i will try and convert them all to UKpounds, as ur profile says you are from the UK....

414 Industries 3 pce crankset
Oversized tubular cr-mo crank arms with sealed bearings and appropriate hardware

£99.99

Primo 'Excel' 3pce euro bb cranks
(175mm) The new crankset from Primo. Tubular cro-mo cranks with a euro bb and all the appropriate mounting hardwear.

£149.99

Primo Powerbite Cranks
175mm 3pce crankset from Primo comes complete with sealed bottom bracket, chromoly spindle and all mounting attachements

£99.99

Primo 'Powerbite' 3pce euro bb cranks
(175mm) 3pce crankset from Primo comes complete with a new sealed european bottom bracket,chromoly spindle and all mounting attatchments.Crank arms have a 7075 aircraft alloy construction with a steel insert for the pedals.

£129.99

these four cranks are available from www.bmx-shop.co.uk

Hope this info helped

cav

J

Jonny-X

Crank Sets? post #12
cranks

i think it is advisable to buy a good 3 piece cranks that is quite expensive from a reliable manufacturer. i used to ride 1 piece and after bending them switched to a 3 piece and i really felt the difference. i ride quite hard but lesser riders who i know find riding 1 piece almost the same. i still advise you to go for some good expensive cranks that will last you ages or a bad one that will last you 2 months or whatever???

i reccomend primo for cranks.

F

federal_rider12

Crank Sets? post #13
im like the roughest rider you will ever see i have landed a few things nice and smooth but that rarely happens

W

William

Crank Sets? post #14
3 piece
there stronger

S

SNAFUKID

Crank Sets? post #15
3 piece cranks all the way man 8)

New Topics