crank clicking?

• Discuss crank clicking? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; sorry if someone has already posted on the problem but i couldn't find any definate answers but here is my problem So i just got a new WTP Addict 08... ...
X

xkanex

crank clicking? post #1
sorry if someone has already posted on the problem but i couldn't find any definate answers but here is my problem So i just got a new WTP Addict 08 and havnt ridden it but one time, when the right pedal gets to about the 5 oclock position there is a click that comes from the bb/crank area, sometimes it just stopps clicking, sometimes it clicks really loud and somtimes not loud. anyone got any ideas on what the problem is or what to do? if u have any more questions about what the problem is just ask, thanks for any help

aldrix

aldrix

crank clicking? post #2
My Wrap did that, turned out to be that the crank was loose. Once I tightened it up, it stopped clicking. I think it was that the wiggle room allowed the chainwheel to go off just enough at that point in the pedaling cycle to sort of snap into place on the chain instead of just rolling into it, if you know what I mean. If not, that's fine :p it's worth checking if that's loose though.

misterbryan

misterbryan

crank clicking? post #3
it happen to me once. i unscrewed the bolts and tightened them.

after a while, it happen again. when i have time im going to grease my cranks and tighten them.

Giggidy

Giggidy

crank clicking? post #4
Could be your peddles, it can sound like its your crank and sometimes even your frame. Take out your peddle and grease the threads, if its still creaking, take out the spindle and give it a good grease.

If this fails to work then take off your crank arm and re-seat it but make sure its tight.

Again, if this fails it could be your BB, if your not that clued up about the tech side of things then it will be best to take it to your LBS.

Hope this helps.

M

MATRIX

crank clicking? post #5
Here is a list of what it CAN be. You have to check all of them to find out.

1- BB is loose, needs lubed, missing bearings.

2- Pedals are loose, need lubed, missing bearings, bent spindles.

3- Chain has tight spots in it.

4- Chain alignment is off. It should be close to a straight line from sprocket to freewheel/cog.

5- Sprocket is loose or bent.

6- Tight spot in the chain. Normally caused by loose cranks, bent sprocket, loose BB.

7- Loose cranks, tighten them up.

G

goldendragon

crank clicking? post #6
I've had this issue a few times. Last time it was that the crank was loose and now I think it might either be a loose pedal or sprocket. The simplest solution is just to take it apart, clean and regrease it, then make sure everything is nice and tight.

New Topics