Crank arms come off easy

• Discuss Crank arms come off easy in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; My crank arms come off very easily... most crank arms stay on like a mother (especially WTP) but i can pull mine off with my bare hand (if the bolt is... ...
  • Tags cranks
X

XIII

Crank arms come off easy post #1
My crank arms come off very easily... most crank arms stay on like a mother (especially WTP) but i can pull mine off with my bare hand (if the bolt is off). This might be because i just put WD-40 on the spindle (because of rust from my sprocket adapter). If my crank arm comes off this easily is it bad?

D

Dirty

Crank arms come off easy post #2
depends what cranks your running...
primo powerbites pretty much just slide right off...anything splined "should" be harder to remove...

RuLe

RuLe

Crank arms come off easy post #3
mine always come loose even if i tighten it as tight as i can but when i do that it makes tons of noise and its tougher to pedal

X

XIII

Crank arms come off easy post #4
mine are DK Chop Stix

they didn't always come off this easily... but I have taken the arm off so many times... it knida just wore out... I just got the cranks for christmas

I

infantry43RIDER

Crank arms come off easy post #5
my older profiles that i just got rid of around christmas time always used to come loose...and it was because over time they got stripped...the crank arm AND the spindle were stripped and wouldn't stay tight....which meant they always came off super easy and loose super easy.

but i just sent in my warranty and got a new pair.

X

XIII

Crank arms come off easy post #6
sweet... Mine are supposed to have a warrenty but I didnt get a card or nothing... They are from Dan's Comp. What should I do about the warrenty?

I

infantry43RIDER

Crank arms come off easy post #7
i don't know...i never filled out a card for the profiles or anything i just sent them in to profile using the info on their card and they sent me back another spindle and arms.

F

federal_rider12

Crank arms come off easy post #8
no matter what 48 spline crank arms shouldnt just come off easily and that can be very bad since it doesnt have pinch bolts to clamp it on the splines will just strip so much easier and it doesnt matter if you put grease or oil on the spindle because i put grease on mine so that it wont rust to the spindle and they have been taken off many times now at least 8 times in the past 2 months and one arm i still cant take off its so hard

O

oibmxpunx

Crank arms come off easy post #9
i hate cranks with pinch bolts

F

federal_rider12

Crank arms come off easy post #10
i like cranks with pinch bolts im still afraid of my 48 spline crank everytime i land i keep thinking its going to strip and break off the only thing i dont like about pinch bolt arms is the fact my pants are baggy and when pedaling fast they sometimes hang up on the pinch bolts and my foot gets pulled off the pedal but i like pinch bolts better still and easier to remove!! especially since my crank must of lost the crank puller in the mail or something and no one makes a crank arm puller the size that threads onto the arm

X

XIII

Crank arms come off easy post #11
federal_rider12 said:
i like cranks with pinch bolts im still afraid of my 48 spline crank everytime i land i keep thinking its going to strip and break off the only thing i dont like about pinch bolt arms is the fact my pants are baggy and when pedaling fast they sometimes hang up on the pinch bolts and my foot gets pulled off the pedal but i like pinch bolts better still and easier to remove!! especially since my crank must of lost the crank puller in the mail or something and no one makes a crank arm puller the size that threads onto the arm
hehe... I am always paranoid about that kind of stuff.

E

evanc

Crank arms come off easy post #12
Don't worry about it. Cranks that don't come off easily piss me off anyway. I <3 used profiles.

P

Pyro insaine

Crank arms come off easy post #13
No it just means its exteamly conveanient cause my Mosh is just like that

B

bones

Crank arms come off easy post #14
rule mine is the exact thing but i found if u grease the bolts and the bottom bracket up real good it dont squeak finally a quiet ride!!!! try it out :p

F

federal_rider12

Crank arms come off easy post #15
ive never seen mosh make a 48 spline crank if you are talking about the ones with pinch bolts well yeah they are easy to take off because you loosen the bolts and slide it off but 48 splines dont have the pinch bolts to keep it tight so it has to be tight and hard to remove to ensure that it wont strip

think about it would you ride a crank with pinch bolts that were not tighten down? well this is the same for 48 spline cranks

New Topics