Cracked handle-bar need new one

• Discuss Cracked handle-bar need new one in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I went riding at the local 'skatepark' (if it's worth the name :roll: ) and it was fun, a little bit of jumping and stuff. But this morning as I... ...
  • Tags bike jump parts shop
Sjase

Sjase

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #1
I went riding at the local 'skatepark' (if it's worth the name :roll: ) and it was fun, a little bit of jumping and stuff. But this morning as I checked my bike I saw the handle bar was cracked near the stem :evil: . I just recently have this bike (see my avatar) from a friend and completely stripped and rebuild it myself, but I didn't change the handlebar. I think it rottened from within. See the pics:

Now I want a new handle bar suited for riding street and jumping and so on. I wanna choose between the ones on this site because I will buy it there. So what sort of handle-bar do I need for my type of riding and which one is good enough and not so expensive? My budget is something like 50 Euros max.
The current bar is 70 cm wide and about 25 cm high, but I think I like a less wider bar better though.

Thanks for any advices.

S

slappyslapnuts

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #2
can u not strech 9 euros more?

Sjase

Sjase

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #3
slappyslapnuts said:
can u not strech 9 euros more?
That shouldn't be too much of a problem :wink: . Tell me what you had in mind please, I want to buy a new one asap, cause I wanna ride again :twisted: .

E

EPMD

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #4
get some fbm's or alliance

S

slappyslapnuts

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #5
Fly panteras good bars good bars.

R

rocket

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #6
Fit series 2

F

federal_rider12

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #7
yeah ive done that to a few bars and so has my friend, but out of that list and for your budget i would say dragonfly daytona. i got primo moes bars, but i hate primo, and its the best product that came from primo. very thick bars and super strong and to me not real heavy. i want to get rid of these moes bars so i dont have primo parts no more but they are good and i doubt theyll ever bend or break.

RuLe

RuLe

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #8
terrible one small bars

Sjase

Sjase

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #9
slappyslapnuts said:
Fly panteras good bars good bars.
That's a nice looking bar indeed. Thanks for the suggestion.

federal_rider12 said:
yeah ive done that to a few bars and so has my friend, but out of that list and for your budget i would say dragonfly daytona. i got primo moes bars, but i hate primo, and its the best product that came from primo. very thick bars and super strong and to me not real heavy. i want to get rid of these moes bars so i dont have primo parts no more but they are good and i doubt theyll ever bend or break.
Dragonfly Daytona is indeed one of the options, but not my favorite at this time. But why do you dislike Primo so much. I've got some primo stuff and I think it has great performance.

RuLe said:
terrible one small bars
Nice bars but that's way out of my budget.

O.K. thanks for the advices so far. I was thinking about buying one of these bars:
- 88 d.i.t.a. bar (my favorite because it looks strong and is quite cheap and nice weight with 0.96 kg) 40 euro
- Dragonfly Daytona bar 46 euro (a bit heavy with 1.17 kg)

I'm also thinking about the Fly Panteras but it's a bit expensive I think, but has a nice weight of 0.93 kg. So out of the list above what would be the best?

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #10
well if you want strong bars then go for thick walled tubing bars (.83) like fit edwins, or animal .83. however the thiker the tubing, the greater the weight. but s&m, terrible one, fbm, wethepeople, macneil, and odyssey also make great bars. any bars made by the compaines i just will be strong enough.

X

XIII

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #11
Odyssey Civillians... super light, LIFETIME GUARANTY, 41thermal, great geometry

Solid Hella Lighte are nice too

Sjase

Sjase

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #12
XIII said:
Odyssey Civillians... super light, LIFETIME GUARANTY, 41thermal, great geometry

Solid Hella Lighte are nice too
Thanks for the suggestion, but some of you guys should really read the first post a little better before doing suggestions :roll: , because the max. I want to spend is 50 (maybe 60) and I wanna choose between the bars on this site, because that's the place were I will gonna buy the stuff.

Anyway, I saw that the 88 dita bar is straight and does not have a backsweep, so that one is out of my list. So these are some possibilities:
- Flybikes pantera bar, 0.93 kg, 59,50 Euros
- Dragonfly Daytona bar, 1.17 kg, 46 Euros
- Eastern Donkey Bar, 1.08, 39 Euros
- Primo Mustache bar, 1.10 kg, 42 Euros

Anyone who might know which one of these to choose?

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #13
well out of those i personally would go for the fly's

F

federal_rider12

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #14
yeah fly is nice but i would keep some money and just get the dragonfly bars. a bit more heavy but great bars, havent heard any problems with them.

and for the reason i hate primo, all i have got from them is crap and my friends have gotten crap parts from primo. demolition and shadow conspiracy have much more superior parts then primo, and like i said the best part ive seen and had from primo are the moes bars-best part they ever made everything else was crap.

Z

ZoMa

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #15
go 4 sbc Bars..

Sjase

Sjase

Cracked handle-bar need new one post #16
Thanks for the replies guys, I've bought the Fly Bikes Pantera bar, partly because it was the cheapest bar they had in stock :x . I've already mounted it on my bike and it's perfect 8) . Way better than that old piece of crap that was originally on it. Now once again I can go out and ride 8) .

New Topics