CR2 files?

• Discuss CR2 files? in the Technology Corner forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; Right so when i use the Canon 5D on raw it makes CR2 files, my dad's Mac automatically reads them and they cause no bother, but my laptop [using vista]... ...
Biggles

Biggles

CR2 files? post #1
Right so when i use the Canon 5D on raw it makes CR2 files, my dad's Mac automatically reads them and they cause no bother, but my laptop [using vista] doesn't, i even has photoshop CS3 extended and it won't read them.

Do i need to fiddle with any settings in photoshop or my computer to allow me to see them or does windows just plain not accept them?

It's cause annoying cause i'll go out, take a load of pictures, get back and my computer won't read them cause i forgot to tell it to use Jpegs, someone please tell me how to see them!

Vampyre

Vampyre

CR2 files? post #2
Just looked up your problem and found this answer on another forum

You need to go to Adobes website and download the latest version of RAW Converter, this plug in to CS3 will allow Bridge and photoshop to open the files.

C

CraigBMX

CR2 files? post #3
Have you got the canon disc which came with your camera??

if so this disc will convert them into jpeg for you because i shot alot of photos with my canon 40d in raw and had to convert them using this software.

so yeah if that helps.

codeblack

codeblack

CR2 files? post #4
Vampyre speaks truth. Craigs : shooting raw and instantly converting them to jpeg is a waste of shooting raw.. Shooting raw and using photoshop (or other programs, like capture NX etc.) lets you make changes to the photo without the picture getting all jpeg artifacted..

That being said, check out Adobe's website for a raw plugin - I had to do so for my Nikon when I didn't know what RAW was lol.

L.Bo

L.Bo

CR2 files? post #5
What Vampyre and codeblack said, I had to do the same thing.

W

weosdfl34

CR2 files? post #6
bothers players

what is it about the treatment concept vs.Discounted Louis Vuitton footloose volume and updates that bothers players the most?

New Topics