confused about half link chains

• Discuss confused about half link chains in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; im getting a new chain very soon from my LBS and i want to know are half link chains any good? what i meen is are they stronger then regular ones? ...
TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

confused about half link chains post #1
im getting a new chain very soon from my LBS and i want to know are half link chains any good?

what i meen is are they stronger then regular ones?

Pickles

Pickles

confused about half link chains post #2
depends on your regular one. the KMC Pintle Vs. the KMC Z510HX,thats about the same in strength. Pintle Vs. Wipperman,weak....although,anything going face to face with the wipperman fails

Pintle vs. Generic, Pintle wins easily.

the best reason to get them is to slam your wheel, and most kids just get them nowadays to be trendy.

andhey

andhey

confused about half link chains post #3
or else you just get a half link to slam but dont half links stretch alot more because theres more links to stretch

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

confused about half link chains post #4
what about the shadow chain? any good?

Pickles

Pickles

confused about half link chains post #5
or else you just get a half link to slam but dont half links stretch alot more because theres more links to stretch
the half link stretching stereotype came from the Shadow,which stretches like an underage Chinese gymnast. The Pintle stretches a lot less. Good luck finding one anywhere though. the local shop has a few still (im hoping) so that should be sweet if I want one :)

anyway. Not all chains stretch,just the most popular one (Its popular because its shadow,despite that its one of the worse halflinks) my vote goes to the Pintle as the best. (KMC)

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

confused about half link chains post #6
ok so shadow is a no il see if my LBS has anything else

Pickles

Pickles

confused about half link chains post #7
dont get a hollow pin chain either,those are a wish for pain.

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

confused about half link chains post #8
yeah i thought to myself they just asking to be destroyed

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

confused about half link chains post #9
Get a KMC Kool chain. AWESOME chain for cheap.
Pintle snapped from just pedalling... more then once.

New Topics