Compaq EVO 400C Laptop

• Discuss Compaq EVO 400C Laptop in the BMX Parts forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [CENTER]Short and sweet, it's a laptop. Super slim, older (2003 maybe). It works and operates fine, but has some problems, nothing that cannot be... ...
ATP

ATP

Compaq EVO 400C Laptop post #1
Short and sweet, it's a laptop. Super slim, older (2003 maybe). It works and operates fine, but has some problems, nothing that cannot be fixed.

The LCD is cracked bad (can still see bottom half of screen), I'm retarded and can't stop breaking screens on all my gadgets haha, I've replaced it once already, it's an easy repair, just need to buy a new screen on eBay ($50 roughly). The internal speaker does not work right because the headphone jack's soldering is cracked, could be repaired, but unsure how much it would cost. Battery lasts about 20 minutes. Missing some screws on the bottom, cheap to replace, they arent affecting anything at all.

Quick Specs:
Windows XP Professional
40GB HDD
TrackBall mouse instead of a touchpad (love that)
2 Memory slots. (256/156 currently in it I beleieve)
Pentium 3
12.1" Screen
2 USB Ports
1 Wireless Car port (card included)
1 Printer Port
1 Serial Port
1 VGA Port
1 Infrared Port
1 Ethernet/Dial Up Jack
Laptop Dock:
-Cd Drive
-Floppy Drive
-Stereo Speakers (solves sound problem when attached)
-2 USBS
-Keyboard and Mouse Jacks
- All the same video outputs as the laptop

You can use up to 4 batteries at once on the laptop with the dock attached, 2 on the laptop itself and 2 on the dock. It is super light (without dock attached), small, and pretty tough for its size. Both times i broke the screen I literally fell out of a chair on top of it. I am the second owner of it.

Would include: Laptop, dock, power cable, wireless card (D-link airplus).

Looking for: iPod, Verizon Phone (unlocked, decent), 21"+ frame, Pedals maybe, Profile 10T driver, Brakes, etc.

Pictures upon request, I dont need this, for $50 (cost of new screen) roughly you can have a perfect working laptop aside minor defects that do not affect using it too much.

New Topics