Colored Rims where?

• Discuss Colored Rims where? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Where can we buy colored rims but not cheap ones [img]http://www.premiumproducts.us/gallery/10.jpg[/img] ...
  • Tags shop
RuLe

RuLe

Colored Rims where? post #1
Where can we buy colored rims but not cheap ones

X

XIII

Colored Rims where? post #3
you gotta piint them yourself...only paint the front one tho or you will screw up your braking... dont get crappy rims for the color... just paint hthem yourself.

RuLe

RuLe

Colored Rims where? post #4
yea ill do that because i dont use frotn brakes so :)

F

federal_rider12

Colored Rims where? post #5
XIII said:
you gotta piint them yourself...only paint the front one tho or you will screw up your braking... dont get crappy rims for the color... just paint hthem yourself.
yeah paint them yourself i have never known any companies to make colored rims but cept for the alex supra j i dont know if alex still have painted ones or not

D

Devourment 138

Colored Rims where? post #6
I guarantee that guy just took a wheel allready assembled, and sprayed it. I would try in on a really shltty wheel first.

F

federal_rider12

Colored Rims where? post #7
i started on a crappy wheel but i will only paint my rim if it is junky looking and next time i will use automotive paint like dupli-color(which i used on my bars and did great) but if you dont know everything that goes into painting them itll be scratched and gone in no time all the time sanding, prepping, priming, sanding more, prime again, sand, paint with several coats, wet sand, clear coat and you have to know which grit sand paper to use and all that takes lots of time but will last and look great or you could be like mostly every kid who buys cheap spray paint and just sprays and doesnt do anything that will make it last

D

Devourment 138

Colored Rims where? post #8
yeah that blue color looks an awful lot like ford blue...engine paint.

F

federal_rider12

Colored Rims where? post #9
have you seen that anodized stuff by dupli color oh man that stuff is super strong i used it on my custom cold air intake on my car and it looks really good and i mean custom i had a muffler shop bend the tubes the way i wanted

O

oibmxpunx

Colored Rims where? post #10
Devourment 138 said:
yeah that blue color looks an awful lot like ford blue...engine paint.

whats wrong with ford?

RuLe

RuLe

Colored Rims where? post #11
if u notice that pic i posted, the guy painted hes hub. how do u paint a hub the correct way without messin up the bearing. u could put tape thats what i was thinking but paint can still run and could get in somehow. Because i want to paint just the rim but then spokes will get blue on them i no it will so i guess i will try taping the spokes, and then getting black paint for the spokes because i want blue rim with black spokes, not chrome and im done and then wait for my primo wall blue tire

F

federal_rider12

Colored Rims where? post #12
i dont think he meant awful but alot like ford blue but i dont like ford even though i drive one but i didnt get to choose what i wanted

C

casperh

Colored Rims where? post #13
a spray can you should use

S

sentaafEQpovar

Colored Rims where? post #14
pobies front rim is shittily spray painted gold and sum how it matches

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Colored Rims where? post #15
yeah you will have to spray it. but an araya areo rim comes in black, red, gold, silver, and blue. you can get it from alans (in the uk) see link:

http://www.alansbmx.com/product_info.php?products_id=309

but i really hope that you are not going to buy a rim just cos it is coloured, when there is nothing wrong with you old one!

R

rocket

Colored Rims where? post #16
sentaafEQpovar said:
pobies front rim is shittily spray painted gold and sum how it matches
why the hell do you talk about pobie so much...as if we know him or even care!???

cant he speak for himself and obey the rules next time?

P

Pyro insaine

Colored Rims where? post #17
You dont
look @ the pic
Notic that the spokes are painted 2
Its called spry paint dumb ass

C

casperh

Colored Rims where? post #18
icerocket said:
...as if we know him or even care!???