Chrome rims

• Discuss Chrome rims in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Last summer i bought a new bmx. Firstly there were chrome Alex supra j rims. After winter riding chrome enamel started cracking and falling off :evil... ...
  • Tags bmx
R

Rusrider

Chrome rims post #1
Last summer i bought a new bmx. Firstly there were chrome Alex supra j rims. After winter riding chrome enamel started cracking and falling off :evil: . I think that there are 2 reasons of it: low quality of enamel or hard frost. Could you tell me about rims with a good chrome enamel? Besides it i wonder if chrome enamel makes better power of braking? By the way to make better power of braking some russian bmxers cover rim surface with tar. It actually makes better power of braking

R

ridesavolume

Chrome rims post #2
Could you tell me about rims with a good chrome enamel? Besides it i wonder if chrome enamel makes better power of braking?
hmm primo hula hoops seem to last a while along with alex , but as you said yours chipped off , probably due to riding in the winter but ah well er i have demolition rims at the mo and the chrome has lasted near enough 2 years now , so thats pretty long for me and yes chrome rims grip the pads of your brake better and look cool , but it does help alot more if you have a dialled brake in the first place.
btw i know a few trials riders who cover their rims in tar too , it doesnt last too long though , and makes your riim ugly as f*ck ans squeks like b*tch.

New Topics