Chris King hubs

• Discuss Chris King hubs in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I've ALWAYS been curious, do any riders use this hub? They do make it in 36h, but the bolts are for 10mm dropouts, so does anyone go through the effort... ...
F

flatlandares12

Chris King hubs post #1
I've ALWAYS been curious, do any riders use this hub? They do make it in 36h, but the bolts are for 10mm dropouts, so does anyone go through the effort of converting them to 14mm somehow? They are a gorgeous hub..

At1x

At1x

Chris King hubs post #2
I've ALWAYS been curious, do any riders use this hub? They do make it in 36h, but the bolts are for 10mm dropouts, so does anyone go through the effort of converting them to 14mm somehow? They are a gorgeous hub..
The only thing I know about Chris King Products is that they're soooo expensive.

£100 for a headset, WTF??

The hub looks real sexy but I don't think it's meant to be for BMX.

oggyogden

oggyogden

Chris King hubs post #3
everything is too expensive with chris king.
a lot of my mates that ride trials bikes use chris king but theyre not actually much better than other hubs.
if your gonna choose an expensive hub pick a profile

H

Hermes

Chris King hubs post #4
too expensive...

F

flatlandares12

Chris King hubs post #5
aside from the cost, and I know there are rich BMXers out there, does anyone take the effort to convert one to 14mm?

F

flatlandares12

Chris King hubs post #7
no, i'm just purely curious, I don't need one, i'm just wondering if it's been done....

H

Hermes

Chris King hubs post #8
STILL TOOO expensive....

K

Karl H. Marx

Chris King hubs post #9
Full "upgraded" profile hubs are about the same cost as chris kings..

M

Marcus Poopy

Chris King hubs post #10
does anyone take the effort to convert one to 14mm?

if you find sliding a tiny piece of metal onto your axel hard, then yes...yes it does take alot of effort.

At1x

At1x

Chris King hubs post #11
no, i'm just purely curious, I don't need one, i'm just wondering if it's been done....
My last post, take the wee converter, stick the bastard on and done.

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

Chris King hubs post #12
eastpak

eastpak

Chris King hubs post #14
Thats insanity!
i want one :)

E

EasternFoLife

Chris King hubs post #15
They are dope but Profiles for the win!

M

Marcus Poopy

Chris King hubs post #16
bguminey

bguminey

Chris King hubs post #17
My friend ran them about 5 to 6 years ago when trail frames had 3/8 drop outs, they are loud and have insane engagement positions. Not worth 500 bucks imo

C

Connor93

Chris King hubs post #18
those profiles are beautiful! ^^

Busades

Busades

Chris King hubs post #19
You guys keep going on about this hub being over priced, breaking news its NOT. You cant even compare a Chris king hub with anything else out there on the market. They cost a lot to buy since they cost Chris King a bucket load to make. Every bearing for that hub is made in house and is fully serviceable. The bearings used are also not you typical cartage style also. The driver sits on one locater bearing and one needle bearing (the g-sport ratchet hub will be using the same idea), The hubshell bearings are angular contact bearings similar to what you find in your integrated head sets. Their shells and drivers come in 7075 alu or stainless steel!!! The engagement mechanism itself is complex and expensive to make, but its engagement is epic (so fast and NEVER skips).

It just ginds my shit and boils my piss (angry video game nerd quote) when people go on and on about profile hubs and Chris king hubs being over priced. They are not over priced at all so your argument holds no merit. Look everyone knows its expensive so why post 20 times bout it being pricey?

iwantaninertia

iwantaninertia

Chris King hubs post #20
You pay for the high quality so if you have the money to spend why would you buy anything else. Only the best if you have the money...

New Topics