Choice of new BMX

• Discuss Choice of new BMX in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey I went to a police auction and picked up 2 BMX bikes. Would like to get in to it and was wondering which bike to go with. One is a Diamondback... ...
  • Tags bike bmx bmx bike parts
P

pookster

Choice of new BMX post #1
Hey

I went to a police auction and picked up 2 BMX bikes. Would like to get in to it and was wondering which bike to go with. One is a Diamondback, the other a Hoffman Resistance. Check the pictures here ...

http://www.students.ncl.ac.uk/chris.pook/BMX.html

I want to keep one and sell the other. I rekon the Hoffman is better (3pc crank), but how much should I sell the Diamond back for ? + any ideas what model it is + whats going on with the seat mounting...

Any ideas appreciated

Pookster

S

sentaafEQpovar

Choice of new BMX post #2
THE hoffman

the diamond back is a 10 yr old racing Piece of shit

the hoffman is deffinatly better from the pics

P

pookster

Choice of new BMX post #3
Thanks man,

From that description of the Diamondback I take it I wont get much cash from it ...

I only paid £10 for it, where do u rekon I could sell it to make a profit ?

L

leon_luxton

Choice of new BMX post #4
how much did ya buy the hoffman for..also i dont think ya will be able to sell the dimondback AND get a profit..a mate of mine will give ya like £8 and he will pay shipping..he is from UK to.

P

pookster

Choice of new BMX post #5
I Paid £60 for the Hoffman, which I thought was a right deal. It has a Diamondback 3pc crank. And its in real good condition. Ive no idea what its worth (any ideas ?), but its a nice looking BMX. Im gonna try a few tricks on it later, see how it handles.

Might just keep the Diamondback if its worthless, use it for parts if something brakes on the Hoff.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Choice of new BMX post #6
yeah the hoffman is FAR superior

F

federal_rider12

Choice of new BMX post #7
yeah ride the hoffman and clean up the diamondback and sell it you might be able to get quite a few bucks out of it since its of an older model

C

casperh

Choice of new BMX post #8
yeah man sell it as an

overall wanted old skool racing bmx

F

federal_rider12

Choice of new BMX post #9
pookster said:
I Paid £60 for the Hoffman, which I thought was a right deal. It has a Diamondback 3pc crank. And its in real good condition. Ive no idea what its worth (any ideas ?), but its a nice looking BMX. Im gonna try a few tricks on it later, see how it handles.

Might just keep the Diamondback if its worthless, use it for parts if something brakes on the Hoff.
most of the parts im sure couldnt be transplanted from the diamondback into the hoffman, i.e seat post, wheels, fork, headset, stem, pedals, and it wouldnt be worth the switching of parts just sell the diamondback and save the money in case you break any parts on the hoffman

O

oibmxpunx

Choice of new BMX post #10
the hoffman looks like it has profile ckanks

F

federal_rider12

Choice of new BMX post #11
well if that is a diamondback crank it isnt the d-cell crank like i got that things doesnt look any where as thick as my d-cell and it doesnt have flush mount spindle bolts like mine i think its the regular 19mm diamondback if it is diamondback, which i think it should have a d symbol on the arm

F

FT rider

Choice of new BMX post #12
no not all diamond back cranks do, i got a pair from broadribbs (which snapped straight through after 4months!) for cheap and the crank didnt have any diamondback markins, but it said diamondback all over the packaging

F

federal_rider12

Choice of new BMX post #13
my friend had the same diamondback the cheap one with like wahts on the hoffman and he stripped the splines and i cant remember what he said but sometihng else happen to it but my d-cell is way better then those cheaper diamondbacks but i still plan on buying new cranks, either rnc or demolition chromoly, and put these on a bike im working on

P

pookster

Choice of new BMX post #14
The cranks on the Hoffman are Diamond back, its got the D symbol, u cant see it in the photo cos i took it with my camera phone (crappy quality). Where shud I go about selling the Diamondback BMX as an oldskool model + how much shud I ask 4. Im in UK...

F

federal_rider12

Choice of new BMX post #15
send me some more pics of it like all of the bike all the parts and ill see what i would tell you to try and sell it for my email is rockin_bmxer_12@hotmail.com

New Topics