Check your voter registration!

• Discuss Check your voter registration! in the Politics and World Issues forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; Registration Deadlines are approaching! Make sure you aren't disenfranchised... ...
SiLo

SiLo

Check your voter registration! post #2
I bet you are some government employed person, who's here to make people vote. That's why you don't ride :p

PS! It's a joke

Q

Quen

Check your voter registration! post #3
i'm registered for sure. i registered 2 days after i turned 18. i bet this election will have the largest amount of young voters ever.

A

ant1h3ro

Check your voter registration! post #4
I'm registered. wOoT first election. definitely voting for Obama. he was in asheville today... i went! (i go to school 45 minutes from there)

fluorescent

fluorescent

Check your voter registration! post #5
Goddamn Americans taking so long for an election. Just get it over with ffs! I am fed up of hearing about it!

D

Doesj

Check your voter registration! post #6
Belgians are worse, we don't take long to vote, but after the elections it takes over one and a half year to get an actual government (afaik we still don't have one!)

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

Check your voter registration! post #7
Time + hands = Much?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Check your voter registration! post #8
Samirol- i know we disagree on this, and i respect your passion for the issue.

by living in a republic run by a plutocracy that masquerades as a democratic state, i am already disenfranchized. voting is not going to change that.

Last edited:
Samirol

Samirol

Check your voter registration! post #9
Samirol- i know we disagree on this, and i respect your passion for the issue.

by living in a republic run by a plutocracy that masquerades as a democratic state, i am already disenfranchized. voting is not going to change that.
Domestically, it probably won't end up being that different, but they have very different views on foreign relations.

J

Jamie

Check your voter registration! post #10
mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Check your voter registration! post #11
Domestically, it probably won't end up being that different, but they have very different views on foreign relations.
i am aware that whoever "wins" is going to have some different policies than the other but much is going to remain the same. regardless, how is my vote, or any number of votes, going to make a difference when NO ONE'S vote counts for anything. voting is a weak compromise for revolution. in fact, it negates any real change by validating the choices of the ruling class by stamping "democratic" on their exercise of power.

i stand behind Thoreau: "I heartily accept the motto, 'That government is best which governs least'; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe--'That government is best which governs not at all'; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which the will have."

-Civil Disobedience

Even better, Emma Goldman on voting- "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."

Last edited:
Samirol

Samirol

Check your voter registration! post #12
Unfortunately, the U.S has the best marketers for products and politicians that a revolution will never happen. We have mastered the technique of keeping people unhappy yet telling them they are happy the more they buy, therefore the solution to their problem is buying more stuff, not fixing the problem.

If anyone is interested in more information, look up Edward Bernays, he revolutionized marketing and politics.

T

Trimix

Check your voter registration! post #13
Maybe ^. Cut off peoples ability to extend credit, cash reserves run low, long enough they can't buy fuel...see what happens. Never forget humans, for the most part at least are barbaric in nature. I watched it when there was no gas, no water, and no power for about 10 days here.....people just about lost it. I think revolt looms all the time.

M

MATRIX

Check your voter registration! post #14
i'm registered for sure. i registered 2 days after i turned 18. i bet this election will have the largest amount of young voters ever.
I thought it may too. But, on a poll they did at 4 local schools(HS and Coll). Only 27% said they planned to vote and 10% said the 100% wouldn't the rest fell between both canidates are useless and I may, but no idea for who.

3 of my friends are teachers and where shocked by the way the poll turned out.

Q

Quen

Check your voter registration! post #15
I thought it may too. But, on a poll they did at 4 local schools(HS and Coll). Only 27% said they planned to vote and 10% said the 100% wouldn't the rest fell between both canidates are useless and I may, but no idea for who.

3 of my friends are teachers and where shocked by the way the poll turned out.
hmm strange. all of my friends are voting for sure and 100% are for obama. maybe we're special. lol

M

MATRIX

Check your voter registration! post #16
hmm strange. all of my friends are voting for sure and 100% are for obama. maybe we're special. lol
Not really it's all smoke...who ever wins won't do much a president can only do 3 things without congress or the senate saying OK.

Samirol

Samirol

Check your voter registration! post #17
Not really it's all smoke...who ever wins won't do much a president can only do 3 things without congress or the senate saying OK.
The Senate, which is essentially tied now, will be Democratic, so who the President is actually matters.

T

Trimix

Check your voter registration! post #18
That's right, democratic president with the current majority dems in congress, house, and senate can do so much more.

Vampyre

Vampyre

Check your voter registration! post #19
I registered, my silly girlfriend forgot to sign her registration paperwork when she mailed it off. Didn't realize until after the deadline. I definately know what you were talking about Trimix when there was no gas and power for 10 days. That was some crazy times.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Check your voter registration! post #20
question: i plan to not vote for any candidate. however, can i go to the polls and simply vote "no confidence" or "none of the above" or "this is all bullshit" or something so i can at least say, "yeah, i voted."

the electoral college awarded the presidency to a candidate who DID NOT win the popular vote in 1876, 1888 and again in 2000. i see this as nothing more than another meaningless ritual that expresses our foolish belief that the system "works." it clearly doesnt, so i wont validate it by voting.

Last edited:

New Topics