check this out

• Discuss check this out in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; does anyone have this rim or know if its good? [url]www.danscomp.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&item=420019[/url] ...
  • Tags dirt
X

XIII

check this out post #2
it does not look very strong... strong rims are

-Primo Hula Hoops (which I have)
-Odyssey Hazard Lite (look sexy)
-Alex Surpe E (my cousin has 'em)
-Alex Supra A (i'm not very sure about those)

T

trailkillerje

check this out post #3
im dirt so they looked good i not geting them i was just wondering abut them the supra j's are suposed to be just as strong as the e's but lighter

RuLe

RuLe

check this out post #4
add ALEX SUPRA G

X

XIII

check this out post #5
oh... i love dirt... Odyssey Hazard Lites would probably be the best though because they are light and very strong...just about half the weight of Supra E's

X

XIII

check this out post #7
hehe true... I think he is looking for quality... not color though..

if you are looking for color...paint better rims like i told Rule

F

federal_rider12

check this out post #8
velocity makes great road bike rims so maybe their bmx rim is good you never know and as of strong rims everyone has different opinions i think and found that hazard lites, supra e, and hula hoop rims all suck atomlab trailking, demolitions, sun bfr, sun big city, and sun 4-play are the strongest

X

XIII

check this out post #9
if you are looking for a rear rim you will probably want a rim that comes in chrome... Chrome is the BEST breaking surface (much better than black or just raw silver or any other color... a front wheel doesnt matter (unless you like front brakess)

F

federal_rider12

check this out post #10
i have never felt a difference on silver, painted, and chrome rims but i have when my brake pads are hard if soft they grip everything the same

M

Mr_Shrapnel

check this out post #11
to be honest i dont know if its any good cos i dont have one, and neither does anyone that i know. however it looks very simelar to a sun rhyno light xl, which means that it should be pretty good for the front, but i wouldnt put it on the back. plus its low wall, - which i like - meaning that getting tires on and off will not be a pain in the butt cheeks.

I

infantry43RIDER

check this out post #12
they are damn good for front...and with that price you can't go wrong...trust me i am running one right now.

F

federal_rider12

check this out post #13
hey since we are on the topic of rims how many of you guys know the difference between single, double, and triple walls and how to tell what they are

T

trailkillerje

check this out post #14
because these rims are cheap i'll get one for the front and maybe a supra j for the back were can i get the trailking rims? what us mailorder has them? i might get them

X

XIII

check this out post #15
federal_rider12 said:
hey since we are on the topic of rims how many of you guys know the difference between single, double, and triple walls and how to tell what they are
the number of walls is determined by how many layers it is... if you go somewhere like Danscomp.com or look at the catalogs... you will notice there are little walls inside and how ever many there going across is how many walls it has...

Triple Wall

Double Wall

Single Wall

F

federal_rider12

check this out post #16
true in like all cases but ive found some rims that are triple walled and they are considered double walls ive seen double walled rims that are considered to be triple walls and ive seen single walled rims that are considered to be double walls, which i think i owned a pair before :?:

M

Mr_Shrapnel

check this out post #17
the hazard lite kind of ist a triple wall rim, but it doesnt really matter, thats just me being pedantic

New Topics