changing

• Discuss changing in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how do i change from gyro to a straight cable and what cable should i buy ...
  • Tags bike
D

DrunkPunk180

changing post #1
how do i change from gyro to a straight cable and what cable should i buy

W

William

changing post #2
to swich to a straight cable from a gyro you have to remove your fork and your head set of your bike. then your discconect the gyro from the brake cables, and take it off. then get rid of your old brake cables, and put your bike toghether again. i suggesat buying any type of brake cables from your local bike shop. if your have to be pick i now 1664 and tenpack make brake cables.

D

DrunkPunk180

changing post #3
how do i remove my headset?

W

William

changing post #4
if you have an older bike there is a bolt that attches the fork to the stem, or on newer bikes there the head set is held on by a screw that you need an alen key to remove, just unscrew the bolt that ataches the stem to the bike, the stem shoulkd just come off, and then use a wrench to take of the head set.

D

DrunkPunk180

changing post #5
which way do i turn the head set to take it off?

F

federal_rider12

changing post #6
what you have a 1" fork, stem, headset? if not then just take a rubber mallet and hit the gyro plate(if you dont have the gyro tabs on your frame) till it pops out and the top cup will come with it but hit one side then hit the other and keep doing that till it pops out, but if you dont want to go through all that and have to put the cup back in just the the plate in. other then that take off your stem and pull the gyro itself out and add a spacer if needed then just remove the cables. now for the straight cable take the cable out of the housing and put the housing into the brake lever adjusting barrel and bring the housing back to the adjuster on the frame and see how you want the cable to be run mark it and then cut the housing, but if you buy odyssey linear slic cable you will need like a cut off wheel, dremel tool, or something like that to cut the housing or the steel strainds in the housing will bend and pinch so then the cable wont go through and you probably wont be able to cut it without some kind of power cutting tool

S

sandmriderbmx

changing post #7
first u take a grinder and grind the toptube off of your bike, then you weld it back on using a lighter and sandpaper, lol, j/k listen to the first guy

New Topics