Changing Frames...

• Discuss Changing Frames... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well.. I'm riding with a haro nyquist 2 frame and I'm trying to take my bike to another level by buying a s3.5, but I worried about the sizes, I want... ...
L

lautarox

Changing Frames... post #1
Well.. I'm riding with a haro nyquist 2 frame and I'm trying to take my bike to another level by buying a s3.5, but I worried about the sizes, I want it in the same size of my actual frame, the old catalog was removed from the haro's page, and looking in some sites I found that some of then had sizes like 20.3 and the most of them from 20.6 to 20.75..
I need a little help on measuring the frame, how can I know the size? cause I measured the top tube but I don't know if it's from a top view that I have to measure or from a side view, and I'm triying to find the real size..
Thanks

Prodigy

Prodigy

Changing Frames... post #2
to get the real size of the top tube you must measure from the center of the headtube to the center of the seattube....and how tall are you a 20.6 might feel more comfortable for you to ride

L

lautarox

Changing Frames... post #3
I have measured from a side of the frame, from a welding to another and it gave me 52 that's 20.5' and from a top view, from a welding to another, 50 cm, 19,7' that is not the size, well.. taking the 20.5', and taking in consideration that the s3.5 back tubes, don't know how to tell it in English xD, are smaller.. maybe I'll consider a 20.75

Here's a photo
http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05102008265gb5.jpg

L

lautarox

Changing Frames... post #4
I'm I measuring it in the right way?, according to the image..

bike ryder

bike ryder

Changing Frames... post #5
20.5 to 20.6 isnt that bad. im 5' 9 and i used to ride 20.5.. 20.6 feels almost the same. i like 20.5 better, but its my opinion. shouldnt feel that much different

L

lautarox

Changing Frames... post #6
Mmm.. what about between 20.5 and 20.75?

bike ryder

bike ryder

Changing Frames... post #7
might feel a diff. but youll get used to it

New Topics