Change upsweep on bars?

• Discuss Change upsweep on bars? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just got an 08 Fit Team Park, really stoked on it. But the upsweep on the handlebars are 1 degree and the bars I was riding previous were 4 degree... ...
B

bmrbob

Change upsweep on bars? post #1
I just got an 08 Fit Team Park, really stoked on it. But the upsweep on the handlebars are 1 degree and the bars I was riding previous were 4 degree (around what i prefer). Unfortunately they were on my friends bike which I was borrowing for a few months and had to give back. I was wondering if there was any way of bending the bars up a bit without majorly sacraficing the strength?

The Radness

The Radness

Change upsweep on bars? post #2
no sir, i mean you can try, but i'd just get use to it

T

Trendy

Change upsweep on bars? post #3
maybe go buy some new bars

08SubieWrx

08SubieWrx

Change upsweep on bars? post #4
If you have a blowtorch of some sort you could heat them up and easily bend them... altough the paint would obviously be trashed after all that abuse lol... or you could just buy new bars lol

HazardBmxr

HazardBmxr

Change upsweep on bars? post #5
new bars ASAP! then gimme urs. haha jk

Mackex

Mackex

Change upsweep on bars? post #6
try it, then post some pictures of how it turned out!

XiVer

XiVer

Change upsweep on bars? post #7
Dont think it will work out because you cant really possibly bend both sides equal, dont waste your time and get new ones.

I

iGamble

Change upsweep on bars? post #8
It'd be very unlikely to bend them correctly so I am gonna say it's not a good idea. Just save up for new bars that you like and have the geometry that you prefer or get used to the ones you got.

New Topics