Chainz

• Discuss Chainz in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i need a chain ... can you tell me which one is really good ... and won't break easy ... if you know the price, post it 2 plz to give something in... ...
J-ozzy

J-ozzy

Chainz post #1
i need a chain ... can you tell me which one is really good ... and won't break easy ... if you know the price, post it 2 plz

to give something in return for these annoying posts .. here's a pic

[/u]

F

federal_rider12

Chainz post #2
depends on what you want, 1/8 or 3/16. i would say kmc 510(a bit harder to find out of any) kmc kool 710, wipperman pro(super thick chain shouldnt ever have a problem with it but wont work on a 14t freewheel or 12t or smaller cassette and cost quite a bit) or wait for shadow conspiracy chain(i dont think its out yet should be soon). now 3/16 are pretty nice for grinding on without a guard but in order to use it you need a 3/16 freewheel/cassette and it be best to upgrade to a 3/16 chainwheel, but not you dont have to. also most bikes cant fit a 3/16 chain inside the seat stay so it rubs and eventually cuts through the wall of seat stay or you have to dent the tube to prevent this.

i ride the kmc 510 and it takes quite a bit but its time for me to replace it because some of the sideplates are chipped and some links are jammed with concrete so they are stiff.

oh yeah another i hate lord of the rings so i could care less about that pic :twisted:

New Topics