chainwheel help

• Discuss chainwheel help in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; right now i'm riding a Diamondback skindog with the stock 44t chainwheel. Do I need some conversion kit or something to go to a smaller chainwheel? ...
D

dsrtne1

chainwheel help post #1
right now i'm riding a Diamondback skindog with the stock 44t chainwheel. Do I need some conversion kit or something to go to a smaller chainwheel?

K

Karl H. Marx

chainwheel help post #2
You need a chainwheel with a 15/16th or 23.8 centre hole.

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

chainwheel help post #3
right now i'm riding a Diamondback skindog with the stock 44t chainwheel. Do I need some conversion kit or something to go to a smaller chainwheel?
You shouldn't. You will have to do something with your rear drive. If you're running a freewheel, I think 12 is the smallest you can go. With that gear in the back, you shouldn't go less than a 30 up front. If you're running a cassette, you can go down further.

You probably already know this, but you can't run a cassette or driver on a rear wheel set up for a freewheel, you'll need a new hub.

R

ridefly

chainwheel help post #4
save your cash for a nicer bike, no sense in polishing a turd. just ride it and have fun with it for now buy better when you got the cash

M

Marcus Poopy

chainwheel help post #5
you need a new hub if youre thinking of getting smaller gearing

At1x

At1x

chainwheel help post #6
If it's 44, then it's either 16 or 18 freewheel.
You can go as low as 33T if you have a 16T freewheel (I ride it but for most people it's very low and shit.)
You could get a 36T sprocket and it would be fine (if you have a 16T freewheel.)

Thebigguy

Thebigguy

chainwheel help post #7
theres 13t freewheels so i would say buy one of those and the base you chainwheel size off of that

New Topics