chaintensioners on a pbr?

• Discuss chaintensioners on a pbr? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i was wondering if i could fit odyssey p.a.c.t chaintensioners on my pbr i got my axel almost all the way at the end of my drop outs ...
S

s&mpbr88

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #1
i was wondering if i could fit odyssey p.a.c.t chaintensioners on my pbr i got my axel almost all the way at the end of my drop outs

I

infantry43RIDER

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #2
im not sure if you can run tensioners if your axle is that far towards the end...but i could be wrong.

F

fourtyonethirty

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #3
Why don't you cut your chain a little bit?, And then try running the tensioner.

F

federal_rider12

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #4
i had the same prob there r a few ways to fix that take out links from the chain and if needed add a half link, or get diff size chainwheel or freewheel, i.e if u run 44-16 run a 43 or 45 chainwheel just go with a bigger or smaller chainwheel by 1 tooth or at least the opposite of what u got like even to odd or odd to even i went through 2 chain tensioners before i bought a cheapo tensioner set that actually fit

S

s&mpbr88

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #5
no no, my axel is all the way up i took out 2 links and put in a half link its really close to my brakes is what i ment

I

infantry43RIDER

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #6
oh...so its all the way into the dropout?

that is where i run my wheel dude...i like it that way..nice and short and stuff...and i do run tensioners.

E

EasternBMX

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #7
no one needs to run chain tensioers

M

Mr_Shrapnel

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #8
well maybe i dont NEED to run chain tensioners, but it seriously helps when i dial my rear wheel in.

F

federal_rider12

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #9
well yeah u can run tensioners since it is way up against the drop out but if it is like almost touching the drop out, by almost nothin, then u wont need to run tensioners since if it slips it will hit the drop out and the chain will get a little slack but if u dont want the tire to move at all then get the tensioners(only if u got pegs)

D

Deliciouspeed

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #10
Only if you run then all the way forward.
I speak from experience-same frame same tensioners.

I

infantry43RIDER

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #11
Mr_Shrapnel said:
well maybe i dont NEED to run chain tensioners, but it seriously helps when i dial my rear wheel in.
very true.

and im sick of wheel slippage...no matter how good of a rear set up you have if you hit a grind hard enough something is going to slip.

E

EPMD

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #12
infantry43RIDER said:
Mr_Shrapnel said:
very true.

and im sick of wheel slippage...no matter how good of a rear set up you have if you hit a grind hard enough something is going to slip.
i hate riding home when that shit happens

I

infantry43RIDER

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #13
yea i did too...but thats what the tensioners are for.

P

Pyro insaine

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #14
Yeah but u would probably have to take a link or 2 out
If u dont have a chain breaker go buy 1 and , toy around w/ the chain till they work

warning :donk take 2 many links out or ull need a new chain

O

oibmxpunx

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #15
chris u f*ck yes u can just cut down ur chain

S

s&mpbr88

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #16
hey **** u greg i got em to work

F

federal_rider12

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #17
EPMD said:
infantry43RIDER said:
Mr_Shrapnel said:
very true.

i hate riding home when that shit happens
im a dumbass and keep ridin till the chain gets so loose i wont stay on for 1 pedal, damn chain even came loose with tensioners on it and badly but hopefully i got all the bugs out(been through snafu hexagon tensioners and primo venus) know i got cheap ass ones that work much better

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

chaintensioners on a pbr? post #18
Or just get attitude adjuster chain tensioners. It's made for those situations.

New Topics