chain tensioners?

• Discuss chain tensioners? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey, I have seen some of these chain tensioner things on a website and I was thinking of buying some as I have some problems with my chain always... ...
  • Tags parts photo
M

MJS

chain tensioners? post #1
hey,

I have seen some of these chain tensioner things on a website and I was thinking of buying some as I have some problems with my chain always hitting my back break... i've tried pulling the back wheel back, but it eventually works its way back and makes the chain hit the break agen whenver i land.

anyway, ive seen these chain tensioner things but i kno absolutely nothing about them.... can anybody tell me where abouts they go and how they tighten up the chain?

thanks

S

sandmriderbmx

chain tensioners? post #2
they go one your axle on the inside of the nut and the other end sits against the rear of the dropouts and you tighten the screw so it pulls the axle back

F

federal_rider12

chain tensioners? post #3

S

SNAFUKID

chain tensioners? post #4
i dont like chain tensioners

they jsut dont work 4 me :evil:

W

William

chain tensioners? post #5
they work good for me, itsaves having to have some one hold the wheel when you tighten the axel.

Clutch

Clutch

chain tensioners? post #6
I've seen the part before as well, but never actually used them... They worth buying?

F

federal_rider12

chain tensioners? post #7
hell yeah they help me alot because ive gone without them for a month and after about 1 hour of riding i have to straighten and tighten my wheel, and i tighten it as tight as possible and i use washers that have grooves that dig into the fram to hold everything in place and not move. so tensioners are very important to me, but i tend to break and bend them easily. i shattered 2 from bailing and bent 2 from just my wheel moving to much and put too much pressure on them. but now i got some better ones on and well see how long they last but they are definitely worth it, even for me even though i go through them easily.

Clutch

Clutch

chain tensioners? post #8
federal_rider12 said:
hell yeah they help me alot because ive gone without them for a month and after about 1 hour of riding i have to straighten and tighten my wheel, and i tighten it as tight as possible and i use washers that have grooves that dig into the fram to hold everything in place and not move. so tensioners are very important to me, but i tend to break and bend them easily. i shattered 2 from bailing and bent 2 from just my wheel moving to much and put too much pressure on them. but now i got some better ones on and well see how long they last but they are definitely worth it, even for me even though i go through them easily.
I think I might have to invest in a set of them... Any type I should look for in particular, brand wise? Or are they cheap enough that I can just buy them every once in a while...

F

federal_rider12

chain tensioners? post #9
anything that is molded in one piece or welded together. some tensioners have the bolt just smashed into a cheap alloy and if you bang it itll pop apart.

i have these. its primo and i hate primo but i bought them a long time ago and they didnt fit so i bought some more and now i got a different frame so they fit and ill probably break them anyways.

check out anything like those, fit, kink, mutiny, dk, lump, *blah* primo, and any other good name brand tensioners

New Topics