chain tensioners

• Discuss chain tensioners in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; whats a chain tensioner and what does it do? ...
D

DrunkPunk180

chain tensioners post #1
whats a chain tensioner and what does it do?

RuLe

RuLe

chain tensioners post #2
you tighten it before u tighten the alex bolts on each side and if u have 2 and tighten each side and it makes it super easy to align your wheel in the center and it holds your chain, it makes it tight so when u tighten your alex bolts it stays liek that and you dont have to hold it real hard and align it while tightening. they are real nice. i got one tho

D

DrunkPunk180

chain tensioners post #3
o cool

F

federal_rider12

chain tensioners post #4

well thats a tensioner(doesnt have the retainer on it that goes against the frame). its purpose is to hold the back wheel from slipping, or in my case laying in the streets or at parks because i keep breaking tensioners but my wheel slips so much they are extremely useful. when they arent broken in two tensioners help me so much because everyday i ride, especially when i grind, my wheel moves too much and i have washers with grooves that grip to the frame on both sides of the drop out and i torque the nuts down as hard as i can but it still moves. so tensioners are great

D

DrunkPunk180

chain tensioners post #5
so they hold your wheel in place

RuLe

RuLe

chain tensioners post #6
well if u dont tighten your alex bolts good yea and if u grind on the side your chain is on. it mit move your alex and make your chain loose or what not and a chain tensor helps it stay in place. i just like it because it takes 1min to put my chain on, tighten everything and done. (not including pumping tire)

S

sandmriderbmx

chain tensioners post #7
right,, it holds your wheel which in turn keeps yur chain tight thus the name chain tensonar

New Topics