CHain tensioners

C

cav89

CHain tensioners post #1
Does anyone know how to make home-made chain tensioners?

i cant be bothered buying any....lol

C

cpb rider

CHain tensioners post #2
take a nipple (cap) and screw. saw off the head of the screw. and weld it together.

correct me if I used wrong words.

F

federal_rider12

CHain tensioners post #3
go to a welding shop or machine shop and show them some pictures of what you want and they could probably do it, not homemade but close enough

T

traildemon

CHain tensioners post #4
chain tensioners are a wast of money, you just shorten you chain. Most of the riders here don't use them.

RuLe

RuLe

CHain tensioners post #5
i do :?

T

traildemon

CHain tensioners post #6
RuLe said:
you see, first you were talking about not spending money on a pipecutter and then you waste money on chain tensioners.

RuLe

RuLe

CHain tensioners post #7
came with my old haro flair bitch :eek:

T

traildemon

CHain tensioners post #8
RuLe said:
came with my old haro flair bitch :eek:
you still got that ugly haro 'rule'?

RuLe

RuLe

CHain tensioners post #9
u havent even seen it

F

federal_rider12

CHain tensioners post #10
i ride tensioners because i dont feel like having my axle against the dropout and have to remove the chain in order to take off my wheel plus it couldnt be dialed in to do that because dropout size and chainstay length and no matter how tight i put the nuts on the wheel with the peg i have on my bike the wheel will always slip without having the tensioners so i have to ride them or straighten and adjust the wheel everytime i ride and frankly id rather just use tensioners nothing wrong with them but the are susceptible to damage i bend them easily because my wheel pulls against them so hard but luckily it keeps the wheel in place

T

traildemon

CHain tensioners post #11
why don't ypu just remove a link or two...that way your wheel doesn't have to be at the end of the dropout

and rule, you posted a lot of pics of you're beige blue haro...and instead of buying stupid accerories like a cassette hub you should buy a decent street frame..but that's all up to you it's not my money

RuLe

RuLe

CHain tensioners post #12
blue haro?

I never had a blue haro in my life. And liek i said you didnt see the bike i had that came with the chain tensors i was talking about because i never posted it. And you guys think i post pics of my bikes alot

T

traildemon

CHain tensioners post #13
look you moron...i meant an ugly beige haro with a blue rim, blue pedals. You use every occasion to post a pic of your bike..but at least you don't post pics of yourself...

RuLe

RuLe

CHain tensioners post #14
again like i said 5 times already. that haro didnt came with no chain tensors. i said my other bike did and u havent seen it

I

infantry43RIDER

CHain tensioners post #15
traildemon said:
RuLe said:
you see, first you were talking about not spending money on a pipecutter and then you waste money on chain tensioners.
dude i run tensioners...they are not at all a waste of money...not at all...if you don't like them then don't buy them...but they make it easy as hell to get the wheel in straight and keep it straight and tight.

S

sentaafEQpovar

CHain tensioners post #16
traildemon said:
chain tensioners are a wast of money, you just shorten you chain. Most of the riders here don't use them.
some ppl like me have shitty wheels thaT MOVE WHEN U TIGHTEN THE BOLTS CUASES THE WHEELs TO GO uneven when you tighten them.... or maybe they want a longer back end or sutmhing.... but still shortinging ur chain can work i guess

S

sentaafEQpovar

CHain tensioners post #17
traildemon said:
and instead of buying stupid accerories like a cassette hub you should buy a decent street frame..but that's all up to you it's not my money
i disagree with the buying of unessisary parts all together.... but why buy a street frame? from my experiences haro frames ride fine, plus rule also rides dirt

S

sentaafEQpovar

CHain tensioners post #18
a frind of mine says your supposed to adjust the wheel strait with the chain tensioner, then tighten the wheel... is that so?, cuase i tighten wheel then adjust tension

D

Devourment 138

CHain tensioners post #19
nice

D

Devourment 138

CHain tensioners post #20
triple

New Topics