chain Tensioners why for?

• Discuss chain Tensioners why for? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; well my question is why you need chain tensioners for? realy i don't know. is it realy importmant or can you do good tricks without them? if possible... ...
  • Tags bike
M

madbull

chain Tensioners why for? post #1
well my question is why you need chain tensioners for?
realy i don't know. is it realy importmant or can you do good tricks without them? if possible give me some advice withc one's ar good and witchone not.

p.s. i don't wright english pritty wel because i from an athor country

thank you

M

Mr_Shrapnel

chain Tensioners why for? post #2
Hehehe, no they do not make tricks any easier , its just some people have a problem with getting their back wheel aligned properly, chain tensioners help with this problem. So if you find that when you put on your rear wheel, your chain is always loose, or you can not get you rear wheel central, maybe you should get some.

What country are you from?

I

infantry43RIDER

chain Tensioners why for? post #3
it says belgium.

F

federal_rider12

chain Tensioners why for? post #4
Mr_Shrapnel said:
Hehehe, no they do not make tricks any easier , its just some people have a problem with getting their back wheel aligned properly, chain tensioners help with this problem. So if you find that when you put on your rear wheel, your chain is always loose, or you can not get you rear wheel central, maybe you should get some.

What country are you from?
yup thats all they do is hold the wheel back from slipping forward making the chain become loose which is a very good thing to have when you have pegs but centering the rim for me is very hard with tensioners i just eye the wheel spin it a couple times check the brakes for equal clearance then tighten the wheel and then tighten the tensioners

RuLe

RuLe

chain Tensioners why for? post #5
did u see how much my chain is to the chain tensor on my bike?

If u use 3/16 chains dotn use a chain tensor

If u use a chain tensor dont buy a 3/16 chain

Well for my bike dont, mine almost touches

I

infantry43RIDER

chain Tensioners why for? post #6
i don't think it matters if it almost touches...if its not then its not.

i used to run a fatty chain on the WTP...and i had primo pro tensioners...they were close like that...but never rubbed.

F

federal_rider12

chain Tensioners why for? post #7
thats just your bike i rode 3/16 chain with tensioners with plenty of clearance and a little f.y.i add spacers to move the drop out farther away

F

FlawlessBMXr

chain Tensioners why for? post #8
What you should do then is just file down ur chain tensioner on the dropout hook thing so then it wont touch ur chain/freewheel. thats what i did. and it works. i have the Primo Venus Chain Tensioner.

New Topics