Chain Tension??????

• Discuss Chain Tension?????? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Can never seem to get my chain quite tight enough get it in position and then when all tightened up it has slacked off a bit friggin anoying. ANyone... ...
S

SK8-BizArrE

Chain Tension?????? post #1
Can never seem to get my chain quite tight enough get it in position and then when all tightened up it has slacked off a bit friggin anoying.
ANyone got any tips getting frustrated as feck!!!

I

infantry43RIDER

Chain Tension?????? post #2
Re: Chain Tension?????? ERS.

^^^^^

B

BMX_Cem

Chain Tension?????? post #3
I don't do chain tensioners, hate them. I prefer my chain to be slightly slack, but not too much thats it's coming off. This way it's easier to do crankflips, and just feels smoother and better.

I advise either no tensioners, or just don't be too bothered by your chain being too tight - that just puts pressure on it and makes it easier to snap while your riding, and that could hurt!

And to get your wheel in line, then just tighten your brakes and get someone to hold your bike while you pull your wheel back. Then while your pulling it back get someone to tighten the wheel ... that makes it in line and with a tight chain.

New Topics