chain tension????

• Discuss chain tension???? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; :? my chain is just after getting real lose...when i bunnyhop off leges and even a high bunnyhop the chain comes off!...any ideas on how to get it... ...
joanz

joanz

chain tension???? post #1
:? my chain is just after getting real lose...when i bunnyhop off leges and even a high bunnyhop the chain comes off!...any ideas on how to get it tight again??

M

Marcus Poopy

chain tension???? post #2
tight is right

M

Marcus Poopy

chain tension???? post #3
just tighten it reallll hard

joanz

joanz

chain tension???? post #4
yeah i no tight is right!lol...how do you tighten it???

Pyropro

Pyropro

chain tension???? post #5
You don't want it to tight though. Too much tension will bind your chain and stretch it, causing it to weaken. You want it tight, but with a little slack in it. The top side of the chain should be able to move up and down about an 1/8 of an inch. To tighten it, you need to loosen your axle nuts and pull the wheel back. Make sure you keep your wheel straight on your frame. While pulling your wheel back, tighten your axle nuts back up. :)

Last edited:
joanz

joanz

chain tension???? post #6
yeh i f***ing no how tight its supose to im askin how to tighten it...not for spam!!!

next person to not spam and actually tell me how to tighten a chain is gettin rep!:L:L

Superbeast

Superbeast

chain tension???? post #7
Its fairly simple, pull the wheel back tighten the bolts down as much as you can, make sure its not too tight (which is a major factor) and ride. If that doesn't keep it from moving then try slamming your wheel that way theres really nowhere for the wheel too move cause 90% of the time thats the problem. Also if all else fails and your dropouts are just big enough, try some chain tensioners.

Oh and i would seriously calm down when your trying to figure something like this out cause instead of cursing at them make sure people know what your asking.
Also this belongs in bike tech i think.

joanz

joanz

chain tension???? post #8
cool tanx super!...least u helped me not like the guy marcus!^^^ haha
+rep m8:D

Last edited:
Pyropro

Pyropro

chain tension???? post #9
You don't want it to tight though. Too much tension will bind your chain and stretch it, causing it to weaken. You want it tight, but with a little slack in it. The top side of the chain should be able to move up and down about an 1/8 of an inch. To tighten it, you need to loosen your axle nuts and pull the wheel back. Make sure you keep your wheel straight on your frame. While pulling your wheel back, tighten your axle nuts back up. :)
You need to read before you start swearing at the people trying to help you. You won't get any help that way.

joanz

joanz

chain tension???? post #10
tanx also!

joanz

joanz

chain tension???? post #11
soz if i offended u the swearing wasnt aimed at you lol
+rep by the way lol

joanz

joanz

chain tension???? post #12
pryopro...the guy befor u was posting spam,wasnt pointing the swearin at u m8!:D

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

chain tension???? post #13
Anyway a washer between your axle nut and frame will help you tighten that sucker down better so it wont move. If you run pegs put the washer between the nut and peg. search the bike tech section there is a ton of helpful info on this. But if all of these tips fail then I recommend simple wheel slammers, I made something similar BITD and they worked great.

http://www.danscomp.com/440100.php?cat=PARTS
with these if you have pegs
http://www.danscomp.com/440101.php?cat=PARTS

johnuk

johnuk

chain tension???? post #14
Chain tensioners

New Topics