chain keeps popping off freewheel

• Discuss chain keeps popping off freewheel in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok, on another hub i have a problem this is a royce union hub & freewheel a sharp fat chain well, if i accelerate fast... or all around push... ...
  • Tags 180 bike
S

sentaafEQpovar

chain keeps popping off freewheel post #1
ok, on another hub i have a problem

this is a royce union hub & freewheel
a sharp fat chain

well, if i accelerate fast... or all around push down really hard on my pedals and use a lot of force or sumthing,. the chain pops off my freewheel and gets stuck inbetween the freewheel teeth and my drop outs

some observations i made about my bike today

1. the pins on a lot of the link on my chain have kinda loosened up leaving big gaps every now and then, the gaps are inbetween the plate things, and the little rolly thing that goes on the pin to make space for the width of the teeth

2. my sprocket is croocked as ****, but it has always been crooked....

3. there is one really croocked spot on my sprocket, an exageration of what it would llook like if u saw my sprocket laid starit is ------^-----

4. when i pedal, the chain is on the very edge of the teeth on the freewheel.... and the cahin is pushing towards the drop outs, the area it gets stuck in when it pops out.....

5.i think the back of my frame may be crooked for reasons and the back end has been pushed to the left side
a)its about 4 years old
b)ive always tried o180's on it, and the way i land would cuase for bendage on the side that would cause for crooked chain
c) about 3 days ago i started trying to do 180 tailtaps to 180 outs on this one box, and my chain been getting ****ed up since 2 days ago
d) chromoly bends not snaps
e) when i manuel i have my bars turned to the left to balance myself out cuase it feels like my bike really leans towards the right

6. i flipped my bike over, and scooted the chain away from the drop outs and i was pedaling the pedals, and notice that the chain stays strait in the middle of the freewheel for a little bit and then very quickly switches side towards the drop outs

F

federal_rider12

chain keeps popping off freewheel post #2
well its because the chain is to big for the freewheel you need a 3/16 freewheel, even though i think the sharp is a 1/4 chain, but the 3/16 freewheel fits the chain, it is spaced out better. the freewheel you have probably is a 3/32 and that works fine for a 3/32 and a 1/8 chain but a 3/16 chain will just pop off those freewheels so you need a 3/16 freewheel

S

sentaafEQpovar

chain keeps popping off freewheel post #3
damn ***.... how come this never happened before? been riding that freewheel for about two months

F

federal_rider12

chain keeps popping off freewheel post #4
i have no clue i know when i got a 3/16 chain i couldnt even get it to sit in my acs freewheel and its a 3/32 but yeah a 3/16 chain you need a 3/16 freewheel but you dont need a 3/16 chainwheel i rode my 3/16 chain on my stock redline 3/32 chainwheel and it worked fine although the chain tore the crap out of it

New Topics