chain help

• Discuss chain help in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hi im new to the whole bmx thing and i got a old haro (not sure what it is) but the chain always come loose if anybody know how i would be able to fix... ...
J

JJH08

chain help post #1
hi im new to the whole bmx thing and i got a old haro (not sure what it is) but the chain always come loose if anybody know how i would be able to fix it it would be a big help

J

johnny homeless

chain help post #2
take a link out of it or pull the wheel back to tension it.

J

JJH08

chain help post #3
ok well ive done that several times is there anything else i can do?

J

johnny homeless

chain help post #4
so the wheel keeps moving? you need to get some chain tensioners to stop it.

J

JJH08

chain help post #5
yer the wheel keeps creepin forward and keep in mind im new to this but how do i use a chain tensioner and how much would one be, oh and btw thanx for all the help

johnuk

johnuk

chain help post #6
chain tensioners have a hole drilled in them that the axle bolts go through, then another part that hooks over the end of the dropouts. a screw pulls or pushes back and forth on the end of the dropout and in doing so pulls or pushes the axle bolt back and forth in the dropout.

because it's a screw applying the force, you can apply quite a lot more than you can by just pulling on the wheel. they also stop the wheel sliding forwards under hard pedal power

they cost $10 - $30 depending on what you get

there are a bunch of them, just check out the online stores. get two

New Topics