cassette problem.

• Discuss cassette problem. in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i've been posting a lot in bike tech since i built up my new bike. well i went to the bike shop to get some bolts for my back wheel and they put it on... ...
Patrickk

Patrickk

cassette problem. post #1
i've been posting a lot in bike tech since i built up my new bike. well i went to the bike shop to get some bolts for my back wheel and they put it on and it was riding fine. the next day i took off the wheel to put on my peg and adjust the spacers on my bb. somehow the cone nut got super tight and i can't remove it, causing the wheel not to spin, yet the lock nut comes off fine. its a stock fit hub ( fit flow i believe ) and in good condition. it's really pissing me off, i just want to ride my bike! thanks.

~ Patrick

Patrickk

Patrickk

cassette problem. post #2
a quick response would be nice. :)

G

gtbmx0222

cassette problem. post #3
if you know how, get the axle out of the hub, put it in some sort of clamping device (the smooth center part, otherwise, youll damage the threads (BAD) or the inner bearing face (also not good)), clamp it, and take the cone nut completely off. grease the inside of the cone nuts, locknuts, and axle nuts. if you dont, it might happen again. and only do them up a quarter turn (or less) past finger tight.
if you dont know how to get the axle out, pm me and ill make a step by step guide for you, but its not difficult at all and after the first time you do it, you wont forget :D

bike ryder

bike ryder

cassette problem. post #4
theres, your quick response. it sounds right. just make sure you grease it up so this dont happen again

M

marks86

cassette problem. post #5
my quick response is take it back to the shop and let them fix it

G

gtbmx0222

cassette problem. post #6
not when its that simple of a problem and solution and shops charge like rape.

Patrickk

Patrickk

cassette problem. post #7
well i figured it out...

i didn't have to take the axle out i just turned it like hell and it came loose.

New Topics