Carving Air out of a ramp/mini/QP

• Discuss Carving Air out of a ramp/mini/QP in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Not sure I can explain what I am asking real well, but I am having trouble "carving air off the coping" of a mini/quarterpipe/etc......meaning I can... ...
T

Trimix

Carving Air out of a ramp/mini/QP post #1
Not sure I can explain what I am asking real well, but I am having trouble "carving air off the coping" of a mini/quarterpipe/etc......meaning I can drop in carve around, carve each side up to the coping, carve out and tail tap, etc.....drop back in...but I cannot get the "feel" of carving OFF the top of the coping, airing it out, and turning in the air and dropping back in. When I hit the coping, I tend to want to land on the deck behind it. Someone told me last night "let the ramp do the work....and don't think to hard about it, just let it happen". I THINK THAT....one of my problems is that the angle of approach is too sharp. Meaning I am hitting the transition near straight on, and need to be coming up the ramp....at MUCH more of an angle, but that seems like it would send me 10 feet down the coping....but not sure....dunno.

V

Vic_Vega

Carving Air out of a ramp/mini/QP post #2
Approach the ramp with this mindset: this is not a box jump. :)

Seriously, the guy who gave you advice was correct: the ramp does all the work. If you are cranking hard enough, if you just keep you weight centered over the tranny, you will land on the right side of the coping...if not, you could just work on deck manuals so you look cool:)

T

Trimix

Carving Air out of a ramp/mini/QP post #3
It's quite mental. Like if I keep my body in the ramp/transition, I picture being thrown to the flat part. ....Hey maybe that's the problem, picturing the wrong thing. Will work on this....thanks.

I

infantry43RIDER

Carving Air out of a ramp/mini/QP post #4
yea have some confidence while riding.

New Topics