CAPTCHA on registration

• Discuss CAPTCHA on registration in the BMX-Forum Liaison forum in area BMX-Forum Office; I havent registered in a while so idk, but does this forum utilize a CAPTCHA thingy, where u have to type what you see? If no, get one. If yes, get a... ...
hunt3r

hunt3r

CAPTCHA on registration post #1
I havent registered in a while so idk, but does this forum utilize a CAPTCHA thingy, where u have to type what you see?

If no, get one.
If yes, get a better one.

I keep seeing a ton of spam accounts and threads advertising pointless crap..

:wink:

EDIT: sorry i just seen the thread posted about 2 weeks ago about this..

Seeing as this is VBulletin, I assume the owner of this site has a legit vb license , you could simply download this mod http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183329
install and it should be good to go

Last edited:
Samirol

Samirol

CAPTCHA on registration post #2
CAPTCHA can be gotten around fairly easily, it doesn't stop everyone in their tracks. Some companies pay people money per CAPTCHA they get through, others have programs that can identify how many pixels there are and determine which letters there are, since some letters have a certain amount of pixels.

hunt3r

hunt3r

CAPTCHA on registration post #3
CAPTCHA can be gotten around fairly easily, it doesn't stop everyone in their tracks. Some companies pay people money per CAPTCHA they get through, others have programs that can identify how many pixels there are and determine which letters there are, since some letters have a certain amount of pixels.
Its really sad that people stoop that low, to try to get free advertising of pointless crap..

Do they seriously think that people are going to suddenly click on someones link, even if it has nothing to do with what ppl are talking about

Samirol

Samirol

CAPTCHA on registration post #4
Its really sad that people stoop that low, to try to get free advertising of pointless crap..

Do they seriously think that people are going to suddenly click on someones link, even if it has nothing to do with what ppl are talking about
yes, because tons of people do it

J

jawn

CAPTCHA on registration post #5
Don't forget net spiders follow links without discriminating.

Fey

Fey

CAPTCHA on registration post #6

There are millions of people on the internet. If only one in a thousand clicks on it, that's still a lot of people

New Topics